Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

MARRIAGE NULL AND VOID WHAT IS MY CIVIL STATUS?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cheska25

Arresto Menor

Our marriage had been granted Null and Void what would be my official civil status at this time? Its confusing as Bank loan application form don't have any other option apart from Separated, divorced, or annuled. I've picked Single in the application form but they are requiring me to submit a CENOMAR. Would this apply in my case?
I understand in layman's term that (correct me if Im wrong) Null and Void marriage meant that there was no marriage that took place at all. My marriage contract had been stamped already with Null and Void.

1. What is my official civil status at this time?
2. IS CENOMAR applicable to my case?
3. Would this mean that my ex dont have the right anymore to be involved in any of legal transactions that I may have moving forward?

Looking forward to hear from you soon. Thanks

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

1. It should be "single". You should update your records in the Civil Registry and PSA so that your civil status will be updated in their records.

2. Yes. But if it yields a result that you have a marriage, opt to have it updated in the PSA office by filing the necessary forms.

3. No, there is no need for your previous spouse to get involved since there is no more marriage to speak of in the eyes of the law.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum