Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mother Not Giving Visitation Rights and No Communication For Child Support

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CJ9489

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I am faced with the circumstance of not being able to see my baby and there is no communication with the mother. They have placed an unjustifiable blockade on me regarding visitation and communication.

How else am I to support the developing baby if there is no communication for payment with the mother.

What is my legal course of action do I need to obtain visitation rights mutually and peacefully.

And for the record, I haven't seen the baby or mother in 10-months despite numerous attempts to try and establish contact with her through family members by email, Facebook, mobile call and text, I even visited the residence on four separate occasions and was blocked from seeing the baby.

Any legal advice and assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by CJ9489 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

It is best for you to go to the DSWD and seek their assistance regarding this matter, since you also have a right as the father of the child to see him.

Are you married? Were you registered as the father of the baby in the birth certificate?

Why are they going to great lengths to have you removed?

CJ9489

Arresto Menor

thepoetsedge wrote:It is best for you to go to the DSWD and seek their assistance regarding this matter, since you also have a right as the father of the child to see him.

Thank you for that tip. Also, what is the process I'd have to go through to involve the DSWD? Would I need to also seek a lawyer for a court order?

thepoetsedge wrote:Are you married? Were you registered as the father of the baby in the birth certificate?

No I am not married to the mother. And yes, my name is on the birth certificate.

thepoetsedge wrote:Why are they going to great lengths to have you removed?

The specific reason is there was a verbal quarrel that was instigated by the Mom of the mother of my child. It involved digging up my previous relationship of nearly 10-years ago so I stood my ground and defended my integrity as I failed to see the relevance the day after the baby was born.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

By our laws, you still have a right to visit your child since you are the biological father and you have recognized the baby as evidenced by the birth certificate.

They have no valid ground to keep you from seeing the baby, especially if they have no proof. Try seeking the help of the barangay officials as well if the DSWD remedy will take time to process.

Yes, it is best if you consult a lawyer regarding your case, and he should specialize in family law.

Good luck.

PeterT

Arresto Menor

CJ, I relate to your problem. I am undergoing a similar concern.It is hard for us as fathers to get our rights to our children.

I will follow your thread to also get tips from your case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum