Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

father abandoned and adoption

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1adoption - father abandoned and adoption Empty father abandoned and adoption Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:25 am

jp1012

Arresto Menor

I have illegitimate children 7 and half and 10 years old. The father acknowledged them in the Birth Certificate and using the father's surname. But the father abandoned them 6 and half years now and nowhere to be found. He is from Laguna Philippines but living in Canada.

My question is because he abandoned his children i would like to know  if i get married can my children be adopted by my husband?
Do i need any documentation that he gave his parental rights or a sign letter that the father allowing his children be adopted by my future husband?

2adoption - father abandoned and adoption Empty Re: father abandoned and adoption Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:06 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

What you can do is you adopt your child (you can adopt your own child to legitimize his status), and your "husband" will be forced by law to "join" your petition. It is so because under the law, husband and wife are bound to adopt jointly. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/adoption

3adoption - father abandoned and adoption Empty Re: father abandoned and adoption Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 am

jp1012

Arresto Menor

Thank you for answering mr in a timely manner. I really appreciate the help...

The father of my children and I never got married.
I apologize for not bringing it to your attention on the first email.
I'm a single mom.

Do i need a consent from the father to adopt my children? his nowhere to be found.

Do i need to adopt them now that I'm still single? or after i got married?

The option was presented to me to move abroad and if I do move abroad and get married there I would like my future husband to have the option to adopt my children and we all have the same Surname is my goal. Is this a attainable goal?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum