Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit Card Debt of Deceased Mother

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - Credit Card Debt of Deceased Mother Empty Credit Card Debt of Deceased Mother Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:20 am

hopefulperson

Arresto Menor

Dear All,

Unang-una, maraming salamat po sa kahit anong impormasyon na inyong mabibigay tungkol sa issue po namin. I’m writing this po to seek your help and advice regarding a credit card issue that my late mom had.

My mother passed away last 2010 pa and during that time, we (ang kanyang mga anak), were still young to know about any financial distress she might have had. She had cancer so you can already surmise from there that we were really devoting all our funds and resources for her health. Siguro nga noong panahon na iyon e naging priority ang medical bills kaya naisantabi yung pagbayad sa credit card obligations. Hindi namin alam na meron pala siyang unpaid balances noon.

Mga 2-3 years after mga 2012 or 2013(di ko din po sigurado baka nito ko lang po nalaman pero nakakakuha na po sila earlier than that) we received a letter from a certain A. Molaer firm addressed to her na parang may obligations siya to pay credit card amounting to 60-80k (I’m not sure about the numbers now). After that regularly na kami may narereceive na ganon but we didn’t know how to handle kasi we were still recovering from a loss and wala naman kami pa source of income ng kapatid ko that time. My father was away kaya kaming dalawa lang ng aking kapatid. We resorted to sending them both the bank and the Molaer firm several emails telling what happened to our mother and that her children do not have the financial capability to pay for that amount. We even sent them a copy of my mother’s death certificate thru e-mails and thru the post office, and then thru a courier service. All of these fell on deaf ears. My father also passed away 5 years after my mom did (2015).

We sought the help of our accountant cousin regarding these letters and he said that we shouldn’t open it anymore because the letter said that only the recipient name SHOULD open and read it. However, since we were stressing about it already we still read it and it said that there is already I think 160k accumulated amount that our mother (who already passed away in 2010) needs to pay or ELSE they will bring it to court. I currently have a chronic illness and this is giving us a lot of stress because it seems that they are not listening to our pleas.

Now, we received a yellow envelope addressed to our mother but don’t know what to do it. Gusto lang po namin malaman paano po kaya ito matitigil at kung nattransfer po ba ang obligation sa mga anak kung wala na rin ang kanyang spouse? We really really appreciate it kung matutulungan po ninyo sana kami sa pagbibigay ng advice tungkol dito sa situation po namin.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Salamat po!

2credit - Credit Card Debt of Deceased Mother Empty Re: Credit Card Debt of Deceased Mother Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

debt is non transferrable. ang pwedeng gawin ng bank ay magsampa ng case for collection para makakuha sila ng bayad from the inheritance your mother left. you can send a written letter to the address of the collection company requesting to stop communicating with you and instead proceed filling legal action as per their right.

3credit - Credit Card Debt of Deceased Mother Empty Re: Credit Card Debt of Deceased Mother Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 pm

attyLLL

open it. send a reply that your mother passed away. or not. but better if you do so they will know that they don't have anyone to go after. if they go after you, they'd have to prove first that you inherited something from your mother, and if you did, it is only to that extent that they can collect from you after going through the expense of going to court

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum