Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absent due to sick 3yr old child

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 am

Marysan05

Arresto Menor

Hi atty, Hi all
Nag wowork ako sa company ko ngayon for 1 yr na, was absent thur, Fri and mon. Notified si supervisor ko everyday, I also sent her a medcert thru chat. Then I was on bday approved leave for a good 4days. I got 2 rtwo from the company stating awol or absence without proper notice which is not true. Nag chat kami ng sup ko sabi niya basta bumalik daw ako ng monday, ok na yung rtwo. My company requires us to notify immediate supervisor plus call workforce atleast 2hrs before start of shift pag mag aabsent. I failed to call workforce for the days i was out but my supervisor is well notified. Now, I came back to work the ff Monday, then come Wednesday, inescalate ako ng sup ko for Ncns/Unapproved absence for 3 days. Then may hearing ako for suspension. Sabi din ng sup ko, absence due to child care is invalid. My 3yr old child had hand foot and mouth disease so fever, mouth sores, hand and feet sores and nangyari sa kanya on top of that may asthma. My question now is, may Laban ba ko if I file a complaint sa nlrc and saan ito mag fafall? Maraming salamat po sa sasa got.

2child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

You failed to call before your shift kaya ka nila ni tag as absent.. kung tumawag ka di wala sanang problema..

3child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:01 am

Marysan05

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your feedback. It is also an option to tag yourself absent using an app which I did. But my absences are considered unapproved/unexcused because it's due to childcare which they say is an invalid reason.

4child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

as far as i know they are right sickness is only valid if you yourself ang may sakit.

5child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 am

Marysan05

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the feedback. So what happens to Child and Youth welfare code of the Philippines?

6child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:33 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

what do you mean what happens? Its was already enacted in 1994.

7child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:54 am

Marysan05

Arresto Menor

Is our kids sickness or medical needs not a valid excuse for absence?

8child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:02 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

as far as i know it is not. But you can check with DOLE just to be sure

9child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:31 am

Marysan05

Arresto Menor

Another question if I may. Say I was out for 10 consec days due to sickness, got 3 rtwo's, did not present myself to the office to explain myself but sent medical certificate as proof that I needed to rest, but still got terminated due to awol or unapproved absence. Does this fall under illegal termination? The reason I'm asking is because based on the rtwo, if I fail to communicate with them within 5 days from the receipt of the rtwo, my employment will be terminated. (Provided I'm notifying timely, sent medical certificate and still have leave credits.)Thanks in advance

10child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

illegal termination if they don't follow the 2 notice rule.

11child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:54 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

rtwo and termination letter fullfills the twin notice rule

12child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:01 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

reply ka within the five days. if you are unable to do so at least send a letter or a representative to tell them so. ang assumption kasi is if hindi ka nag reply within 5 days that you are no longer interested in continuing your employment with them

13child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Marysan05

Arresto Menor

Ok got it. So pag nag reply or send ako ng rep, after the 2 rtwo. But they still terminated me, is it valid?

14child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:09 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if you did it beyond the 5 day period, you have to show that it was impossible for you to reply. eg you were in the hospital and you dont have any family who can call or them that you were incapacitated

15child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:11 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if you cannot show that then terminated is valid. your only recourse would be to reason out that termination is too harsh.
did you even try reasoning with them?

16child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:10 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if you are terminated and you feel that it was invalid, you can go to NLRC and file a complaint.

17child - Absent due to sick 3yr old child Empty Re: Absent due to sick 3yr old child Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:24 am

attyLLL

prepare all your documentation that your child was sick along with your evidence that you followed the call-in procedure of the company. that should be the basis of your defense against the NTE. if they consider it invalid, you can file a complaint at dole or nlrc

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum