Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child support. Unmarried.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1support - Child support. Unmarried. Empty Child support. Unmarried. Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:03 am

mama111

mama111
Arresto Menor

Hi! I need legal advise please help.
I will be as detailed as possible.

My son is turning 3 this month. I am not married to his father. We stayed at his fathers house together with his parents, since birth up until Feb 2017. My partner was currently studying at that time and I am working. The father’s parents where the one supporting us when we stayed there. We separated last Feb 2017 and I decide to bring my son with me and stayed with my parents.

Before leaving, my ex partner told me that if we leave we wont get any support from them because they will only give support if we are staying there. I agreed. Then came a time that his parent and my parents had a commossion here in our house. Since then I let the father see my son without my parents knowing. He sometimes gave money but very minimal.

Early this year March or April, I asked him if he could help me financially with my son as my parents doesnt have work and I need to support them as well and if he could talk to my mother about him seeing his son since I felt that I was being biased that my mom doesnt know about it. that time he was still applying for work and we agreed that once he got a work he will provide 5k monthly.

Came April he got hired,but no support still. I asked and he explained. He was only able to provide 2k (May) and 2k (June) then he said that he cannot provide again this cutoff and will send money on July 15. We fight and he told me that he can even provide me a whole month support for skye, he just doesnt want to give it since he was mad that I didnt sent him pictures of my son (which he never asked and insisted that I should have the initiative to do so) And if ever we will file a demand they have an account opened named after my son since i am not allowing them to borrow my son which is not true, I told him that he can visit his son whenever he wants to but not BORROW or bring my son at their place. He could bring my son at a mall or anywhere but I need to be with them.
Question:
1. Can they file a demand against me?
2. Is it fine to limit his rights of just visiting his son but not allowing him to borrow or bring him to their place? Up until when i have the right to do so?
3. If I let them bring my son to their place can I limit to a day or two? In line with this, do we need to go to our barangay and make an agreement? I am planning to look for work abroad and scared they might get my son from my parents or do something wrong. Do I also need a lawyer in doing this?
4. If they they disagree with my condition and wont give support. What should I do?
5. How much support does he need to provide?
6. Can they use my word of agreeing to their condition that if I leave, I wont be gettin any support?

P.S he said that he is earning 20k or more.
My monthly income is 22,400.

Please help.
Thanks

2support - Child support. Unmarried. Empty Re: Child support. Unmarried. Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:20 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

1. demand what? he only has visitation rights since you are not married.
2. yes since sole parental authority lies with you, the mother.
3. this is totally up to you.
4. send your ex a demand letter for support and if he does not comply, file a case against him.
5. support is based on the capacity of the parents and the needs of the child. both parents should support the child.
6. no

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum