Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Land Property and forging of signature

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1property - Land Property and forging of signature Empty Land Property and forging of signature Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Cyto

Arresto Menor

Hi. I would just like to ask for a legal advice on this matter. My great-grandfather and his 3 brothers are sharing a 2500sqm agricultural land. Even without title, they have been sharing and dividing the produce of the land into four even when two of the brothers died. When my great-grandfather died, my lola (eldest daughter) kept the blueprint and continue to pay taxes and share the produce. Her cousin (son of the living brother) borrowed the blueprint and due to trust, she gave it. In 2017, we found out that the land has been named under the cousin’s name and produce is not being divided anymore. When my lola went to the barangay, they found a letter, authorizing a third person to transfer, cancel and file the old tax declaration to a new one. The letter was dated 2012 with the signature of the 4 brothers as the owner. My great-grandfather died in 1997 and the two other brother died before him. The living brother who signed that document died 3yrs ago. Now, we just want the share of our land. What should be our first step? We also want the forgery to be filed against them. It's clear that they don’t want to give the land as they filed a complaint against us for “paninirang puri” as we are accusing them of stealing the land. What can be our counter to them?

attyLLL

If the forgery can be proven, then you can file a criminal case of falsification and a civil case for reversion.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3property - Land Property and forging of signature Empty oral defamation Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Cyto

Arresto Menor

Just a follow up question, they want to file a case against us for oral defamation for accusing them of stealing. I have read somewhere that if there is a basis and can be proven its not defamation. would our file for forgery and proven true, suffice to dismiss the oral defamation filed against us?

attyLLL

it can be a valid defense

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum