Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to get an inherited land titled when we only have the Tax Declaration?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ci R-Quintana

Arresto Menor

Hi!

My mother inherited 3.4 hectares of land in Zamboanga Del Sur, but all we have is our Tax Declaration. We went over and inquire on how to properly title the land, but was informed that we cannot title it since its a Forest land.

We’ve planted several fruit bearing trees on some portions of this land over the years, and this year, we plan to cultivate more portions of the land.

Questions:

How can we title this property?
Do we have the right to invest and cultivate this property while we only have the Tax declaration?

Thank you for your help!

attyLLL

if it is classified as forest land then no title can be issued over it. it remains to be government property. you can retain possession but only until you are evicted by the govt

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Too bad for you. Only agricultural lands classified as alienable and disposable may be disposed of, and be subject of land registration for private citizens. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/land-titles-property-dealings The fact that you have tax declaration only shows that you are paying taxes for it, but does not confer to you ownership over the land.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes you have only USING rights. Mostly such go on "for ever".

But IF it's STEWARDSHIP type forest land then it's TIME LIMITED (normaly 25 + 25 years). It's some similar to leasing, but the government can kick you out earlier if you don't follow the deal which is growing FOREST.

Forest land is suppoused to be FOREST land Smile but it's very common handlers have cut down the forest WITHOUT planting new FOREST, which the government CAN see as the deal is broken. The government haven't bothered normaly, BUT I did read somewhere they plan to/think of become more strict about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum