Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child support for an 18 yr old illegitimate son

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hybridrey15

Arresto Menor

Would like seek advice regarding my son’s welfare. While I understand that RA 9262 is to seek support for kids below 18, I would like to see if there is a chance that I could still file a case against the dad of my son.

I have been a single mom all my life and I have never asked for financial support from the dad kase kaya ko naman; kinaya ko naman. Until recently, i lost my job and have used up my safety net. Now I fear that I couldnt enroll my son this school year since I dont have a job yet. My son will be in college na this school year and I am hoping that the dad can help me. I started reaching out ng February but until now wala pa rin binibigay saken. Sobrang lubog na ko sa utang with our daily expenses plus other bills to pay including the house that I mortgaged. Hope someone can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.

attyLLL

children are entitled to support until they are able to reach the ability to have a trade on their own, not necessarily until 18. did he sign the birth certificate?

not sure ra 9262 will prosper considering you never made a previous demand, but it's worth a try and it's the fastest you can go with. your other legal remedy would be to file a civil case for reimbursement of your costs through the years as advancement of his share and to fix support

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

hybridrey15

Arresto Menor

Thanks for sharing ur insight. Yes. The dad signed naman. With the civil case that u mentioned, will it still be under ra 9262? Mas mabigat sana ung criminal case para matauhan e. Plus i heard na mas mabilis process, may sub poena daw agad. Not sure if that is accurate though.

attyLLL

A criminal complaint under RA 9262 will be worth a try. It does not preclude you from filing a civil suit if the criminal complaint fails

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum