Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Financial support while pregnant

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1support - Financial support while pregnant Empty Financial support while pregnant Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:01 pm

melairaqui

Arresto Menor

I am currently pregnant with a married man, but I chose to end the relationship since he just gave me false promises. We had a relationship for 2 years but never lived together, I live in my parents' house and he lives with his family. My questions are:

1. Can I ask for financial support while I'm pregnant?
2. My child will use my last name but do I need him to sign the acknowledgement part on the birth cert for my child to be entitled for a child support once he is born?
3. Can his legal wife file any case against us?

Thank you.

2support - Financial support while pregnant Empty Re: Financial support while pregnant Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:03 am

attyLLL

If I were the counsel of the guy, I would advise him that he is not under any obligation to admit that he is the father and that it is the burden of the woman to prove that he is the father. Only then can he be made liable to provide support.

That said, if you can get him to sign a notarized affidavit admitting he is the father of the child then you can use that to demand support even while you are pregnant and onwards.

his wife might initiate a criminal case of concubinage against you both, or a civil case for damages based on alienation of affection.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3support - Financial support while pregnant Empty Re: Financial support while pregnant Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:58 am

melairaqui

Arresto Menor

Will it still be concubinage even if we never lived together? The wife and him are still together in one roof and I don't think he will leave her.

Are text messages admitting that he is the father enough as proof?

Thank you.

4support - Financial support while pregnant Empty Re: Financial support while pregnant Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 pm

attyLLL

text messages are not enough, it has to be a notarized document

the wife can charge whatever; whether it will prosper depends on what evidence she presents

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum