Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

job offer during interview different vs contract

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cian.cpa

Arresto Menor

Hello,

Good day. Just recently, I was interviewed by a new company and after discussing the compensation, benefits and other employment details, i signed a job offer. However, once I started working for the company and received my employee orientation, I found out that some of those that were discussed during the job interview were different from what were stated on the contract that I was about to sign.

I haven't sign any employment contract because those differences greatly influenced my decision to accept their offer.

My questions are:
1. I have been here for 2 weeks already, if I don't push through with the employment, am I liable? Will i receive compensation on the hours/day I worked for them?
2. The company is planning to send me abroad for training, they paid for my visa and some other travel related expenses. This will be covered by a 2-year.. If ever we can't work-out an employment contract, will I be liable for the said expenses?
3. I resigned from my previous job because of what we have agreed on the job interview. Can I ask them to compensate what I have lost (basic pay, eligibility on performance bonus, etc) because of my resignation?

Thanks in advance

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Dapat hindi kasi they changed the terms. Medyo grey area yan, kasi if insist mo na hindi ka "employed" under them, then how can you ask for compensation. If you insist naman na employed ka sa kanila then kelangan mo pa mag render ng 30 days.

2. Did you sign anything regarding the visa and expenses?

3. No. considered future earnings kasi yan. Only actual damages are considered.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

Tinanong mo ba sa kanila kung bakit nag iba? Was the job offer you signed counter signed by HR or your manager?

cian.cpa

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:1.  Dapat hindi kasi they changed the terms.  Medyo grey area yan, kasi if insist mo na hindi ka "employed" under them, then how can you ask for compensation.  If you insist naman na employed ka sa kanila then kelangan mo pa mag render ng 30 days.

2.  Did you sign anything regarding the visa and expenses?

3.  No.  considered future earnings kasi yan.  Only actual damages are considered.

Thanks for the feedback sir.

1. So generally, I can opt not to be employed by not signing a contract if they will not honor what was discussed during the job interview? It would only be a bonus if they are still going to give me some compensation. Hindi ko na habol yun.

2. They gave me some cash to buy some clothing for my travel which I am very willing to return if needed. The only document I signed was a photocopy of the check with my name and date. I didn't sign anything for the visa although there were some email conversations for the requirements.

3. Thanks. This should be a lesson learned for me if I am going to discontinue this employment.

Last edited by cian.cpa on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info and grammar correction)

cian.cpa

Arresto Menor

Patok wrote:Tinanong mo ba sa kanila kung bakit nag iba? Was the job offer you signed counter signed by HR or your manager?

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the reply. I am still soliciting some advice before I "formally" talk with the HR and the Hiring Manager. Nagulat lang ako nung employee orientation. Buti na lang I haven't signed an employment contract yet.

Do you happen to know what are the PROs and CONs if I am not going to pursue this employment?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

you better talk to them muna.. baka na overlooked lang nila.. hindi pwedeng iba ang job offer sa ibibigay sayo.. breach na agad yun..

jonjon057

Arresto Mayor

may na encounter din ako ganyan although medyo iba situation, nakadin na ako ng employment contract under probationary ako, tapos pag uwi ko, tinawagan ulet ako although different person so bumalik ako ibang sets of people yung kumausapbsa akin at pinapirma ulet ako nf employment contract na mas mababa yung benefits kesa dun sa una pero pumirma pa rin ako kase need ko talaga ng money i think msbaba rin ng konte yung salary(5k diff lang namab), pero nung andun na ako di naman nasunod yung 2nd contract na napermahan ko nung nakuha salary ko

jonjon057

Arresto Mayor

alam ko junf time na yun(mga 2000-2005) standard yata yung sl 15days/ yr, vl 15/yr. tapos pag probationary, entitled na agad sa 15days sl tapos wala pa paid vl

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum