Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment of Marriage case DISMISSED

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1case - Annulment of Marriage case DISMISSED  Empty Annulment of Marriage case DISMISSED Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:23 pm

peter.edmonds

Arresto Menor

Please can you assist. I understand that the Philippines only will annul a marriage for various pre-marital reasons. We have tried to follow all the legal processes to have the marriage annulled. It took from Sept 2013 to April 2017 then the case was dismissed/denied. We have been advised that we should appeal the decision, however, we have also been advised that we will end up with the same answer. I am a South African and my partner is Philippina. We have lived in South Africa for nearly 3 years and don't seem to have a way forward. We have been advised that there could be a new law enacted that will allow for marriages that are not in a cohabiting relationship for more than 5 years, would/could be made null and void. or that there could be an act that recognises the  “dissolution of marriage,”  The (ex) is in another relationship and their youngest child is 26 years old. This seems a crazy way forward with no opportunity of a resolution.
Please advise if there is any logical/legal way forward.

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

if you will not be able to provide any new information that can help the case progress, then sadly, nothing can be done.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum