Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back Pay for 2 months Employment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - Back Pay for 2 months Employment Empty Back Pay for 2 months Employment Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:25 am

Ddyha

Arresto Menor

Good Morning! I was working in a company as a Customer Service Representative and stayed for 2 months. Then I decided to file my resignation immediately via email due to urgent family matters. After a week, I went to the office to sign my clearance and was advised that back pay usually takes 3 months. I went to the HR to check the status of my backpay, the HR staff said she needs to confirm with their HR Manager if I am entitled to a back pay since I was not regularized. She told me she will just text me if I can claim my back pay. Is it true that you're not entitled to get a backpay if you worked in a company for only 2 months?

2employment - Back Pay for 2 months Employment Empty Re: Back Pay for 2 months Employment Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:16 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

you are not entitled to backpay unless you file a labor complaint and win

3employment - Back Pay for 2 months Employment Empty Re: Back Pay for 2 months Employment Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

There is a difference between back pay (back wages) and last or final pay. What are you talking about?

If its back pay, then luke is right, you need to file a labor case against your company first and win.

For last/final pay (unpaid salaries for the days worked, 13th month pay, tax refund), you are entitled to it.

4employment - Back Pay for 2 months Employment Empty Re: Back Pay for 2 months Employment Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:03 am

Ddyha

Arresto Menor

Thanks for your replies. I thought they're just the same. I already got my salary for the last few days I worked. I am referring to my last/final pay including tax refund & 13th month. So just to confirm I am still entitled even I just worked for 2 months, right?

5employment - Back Pay for 2 months Employment Empty Re: Back Pay for 2 months Employment Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:21 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

yes

6employment - Back Pay for 2 months Employment Empty Re: Back Pay for 2 months Employment Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:49 am

Ddyha

Arresto Menor

Great, thank you! 😃

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum