Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

insurance company obliging me to pay for the lapsed policy

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

naturaltimber

Arresto Menor

Please help, I do not know if I can file a case against my car insurance company.

In march of 2008, i sent a check for 7k (insurance renewal for march 2008-march 2009) to my car insurance company. That company was my car insurance provider for almost 10years or since the day i bought my car. I wasn't able to get the Official Receipt, knowing that it was just okay considering that i have been their customer for almost 10years already, and advised them that i'll just pick the said OR when time permits.
About 6 months later, an incident occured and my car had to undergo body repair, naturally i had to file for an insurance claim.
To my surprise, the company told me that i haven't paid the necessary insurance premium yet, and when i said that i sent a check for 7k last march2008, they insisted that the check payment was applied to my insurance premium for the previous year 2007-2008 which i failed to pay in march of 2007. It was evident in the OR they gave me later that the payment I made was indeed applied to previous year.

My question is this. Do i really have to pay for the insurance policy whose validity period has already lapsed? Can I file a case against my car insurance provider and insist that the payment I made on March2008 be credited to the march2008-march2009 policy?

Last edited by naturaltimber on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing details)

attyLLL

if they actually issued a policy for 07 to 08, and considered themselves liable even if unpaid, then I would argue that they should be considered liable also for 08-09 because of a prior practice.

file a complaint first at the insurance commission.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum