Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLDT Home breach of contract?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1contract - PLDT Home breach of contract? Empty PLDT Home breach of contract? Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:21 pm

Byteman

Arresto Menor

Hello.

I had PLDT Ultera. I signed the contract for P999 for unlimited internet per month. It was that when I reached 1GB daily, my speed gets diminished, but I still had internet.

Late Nov or early Dec last year, I received a call from PLDT asking if I wanted to change my daily-based 1GB to the volume-based 30GB. My speed, I was told, will not be capped until I consume the whole 30GB. I asked the agent what the difference was between my current !GB/day and the 30GB. The agent replied no difference. I agreed then.

A few weeks later, my internet was cut off and I kept being redirected to a page saying my limit was reached and I had to buy more GB if I wanted to continue. This was not was I was informed of. This was not what was on the contract I signed. If I was told that I had o pay for more GB once my 30GB ran out, I would not have agreed to switch.

Its already been 8months. I've been patient. I wrote to the Cebu PLDT manager twice. I asked for options. Its either they put me back to the old 1GB daily, provide me with another unlimited plan at P999, or cancel my account without charging me the termination fee. I kept following up monthly but still no reply from PLDT. I've asked for the call to be listened to and that feedback be provided to me. Nothing.

Can this be deemed as breach of contract?

2contract - PLDT Home breach of contract? Empty Re: PLDT Home breach of contract? Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:07 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

it will be hard to say that it is indeed breach of contract without studying the contract itself.

however, it can be a false advertising issue if you can prove that this was not the plan you signed up for.

have you tried checking with DTI if they can assist you with your issue?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum