Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My passport is in possession of someone and does not want to return it

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

adrianjayson13

Arresto Menor

Hello,

A certain someone (relative) is currently in possession of my expired passport (10 yrs expired), and does not want to return it to me because we are not on good terms. I need it badly so that I can renew my passport this year. Some people just advised me to flag it as missing but the process is so much hassle and it's not really missing, she just does not want to give it to me.

My question is can that someone be liable to any violation under PH law for holding and keeping a passport that is not in her name? I just need some sort of leverage to demand the return of my passport with more authority, aside from the fact that it's my name in it. I am currently reading the PH Passport act of 1996 as reference. I have read there in section 11 Ownership of Passport, that it is a property of the goverment and that "the holder being a mere possessor thereof as long as it is valid and the same may not be surrendered to any person or entity other than the government or its representative". I don't really know if I could use this. I am also referring to section 19 Offenses and penalties under offenses relating to improper use, but I'm not really sure if any of those fits my situation.

Then again, I am not a lawyer so I am kindfully asking if you or anyone could help me with this dilemma I have. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum