Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CRIMINAL or CIVIL CASE

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1criminal - CRIMINAL or CIVIL CASE Empty CRIMINAL or CIVIL CASE Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:23 pm

roadtrip

Arresto Menor

Magandang araw. Hihingi lang po sana ako ng advise/direction kasi hindi po namin alam ang sunod naming gagawin.

June 14, 2017 po ng masagasaan ng isang bus ng ABC Bus Liner ang aking brother-in-law. He died on the spot because of severe head injury. May kaangkas siya, his girlfriend, they both died. Based sa police report, nag-overtake si bus sa tricyle and nag-counterflow. Nabulaga my brother-in-law and lost control of his motorcycle, nasagasaan sila ng bus and nakaladkad hanggang sa proper lane ni bus. Kung bakit hindi agad huminto si bus, I can only assume na balak niyang magsinungaling sa totoong nangyari.

Nakakulong na si bus driver and may nakasampa ng criminal case.

Now, the bus company is a totally different story. Noong una, nakikipag-usap pa sila and after a while we were given excuses na. Until now, no monetary help whatsoever from the bus company.

Ang question namin is, do we file a civil or criminal case against the bus company?

2criminal - CRIMINAL or CIVIL CASE Empty Re: CRIMINAL or CIVIL CASE Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

The liability of the operator or employer in a criminal case when the perpetrator is the employee is subsidiary only. This means that the employee driver has to be convicted first and be insolvent before the employer is made to pay.

To directly go after the company you should file a civil case.

Consult a lawyer

3criminal - CRIMINAL or CIVIL CASE Empty Re: CRIMINAL or CIVIL CASE Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm

roadtrip

Arresto Menor

Thanks Jadis!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum