Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sole custody of illegitimate child

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child - Sole custody of illegitimate child Empty Sole custody of illegitimate child Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:07 pm

bubsmum

Arresto Menor

Hi I hope you can shed some light into my problem, I had a daughter when I was 18 and on her birth certificate her father's name wasn't written down, he acknowledged her birth when she was 3 y/o. Her biological father and I were never married and never lived together, we broke up eventually, since birth it was initially my parents who supported my daughter then myself when I graduated from college. He wasn't a big part in my daughters' life his side, unbelievably treated my daughter very unfairly.

I moved to the UK in 2009 and my daughter stayed with my parents, while I was away his mother changed my daughters' last name without my consent so my daughter ended up changing her school records and used his surname.

My concern is that now I want to bring my daughter to Ireland to live with me and my husband permanently, he signed a notarized letter back in 2014 giving me sole custody, the Irish consulate wants a recent one, now he refuses to sign it even with my daughter begging him to do so he wouldn't budge. Do I have any say in this? My daughter is now 16, I supported her all her life, I have a stable job and family life and we want to give my daughter a better future and for her to live with us here with her other siblings. What steps should I take and how long is the process of getting a child custody court order?

I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you.

2child - Sole custody of illegitimate child Empty Re: Sole custody of illegitimate child Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:12 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

you do not need any consent from the father of the child since she is illegitimate. the father cannot do anything to stop you from taking your child to Ireland. you can check with Irish consulate if this document is still required since as per Philippine law, the mother has sole custody of illegitimate children.

3child - Sole custody of illegitimate child Empty Re: Sole custody of illegitimate child Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

bubsmum wrote:Hi I hope you can shed some light into my problem, I had a daughter when I was 18 and on her birth certificate her father's name wasn't written down, he acknowledged her birth when she was 3 y/o. Her biological father and I were never married and never lived together, we broke up eventually, since birth it was initially my parents who supported my daughter then myself when I graduated from college. He wasn't a big part in my daughters' life his side, unbelievably treated my daughter very unfairly.

I moved to the UK in 2009 and my daughter stayed with my parents, while I was away his mother changed my daughters' last name without my consent so my daughter ended up changing her school records and used his surname.

My concern is that now I want to bring my daughter to Ireland to live with me and my husband permanently, he signed a notarized letter back in 2014 giving me sole custody, the Irish consulate wants a recent one, now he refuses to sign it even with my daughter begging him to do so he wouldn't budge. Do I have any say in this? My daughter is now 16, I supported her all her life, I have a stable job and family life and we want to give my daughter a better future and for her to live with us here with her other siblings. What steps should I take and how long is the process of getting a child custody court order?

I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you.

Can't you seek help from the embassy there en consulta? I mean, you could ask the help of the Embassy to explain that under Philippine law, the mother has sole custody of her illegitimate child?

4child - Sole custody of illegitimate child Empty Re: Sole custody of illegitimate child Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Your husband is a British subject, right? You might want to ask the help of a barrister with the adoption of your child through inter-country adoption.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum