Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Labor code: Underpaid is there any?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1code - Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Empty Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:40 pm

milesontherocks

Arresto Menor

Hello guys!
My partner and I is currently working in a call center. Our work hours is from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.

Since he is handling 2 accounts on our end, the company is requiring him to work from 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM which he refuses to do so.

He is paid as a Real Time Analyst for just one account yet he is handling 2 accounts and doing works beyond his job description. No promotion for him as well and not being paid correctly. We don't know which labor code violation is this and what should we do about it? Appreciate your feedback. Thank you

2code - Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Empty Re: Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

walang masama don.. the company can assign multiple jobs/accounts to you.. if he is asked to work from 6am to 4pm.. then that's more than 8 hours so dapat may OT pay.. yun lang ang pwede nyang habulin..

3code - Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Empty Re: Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:23 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

depends if nagtratrabaho the whole time or merong break in between. Broken schedule is an accepted practice as long as they dont prevent you from leaving the area

4code - Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Empty Re: Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Is there a one hour lunch break? If there is your partner is not entitled to overtime pay.

You cannot dictate upon your employer what work you want to do and do not want to do. As long as you are paid the wages and what is being asked of you is not unlawful and is not so very far off from your job description then you should comply.

More often than not somewhere in the employment contract there is a clause there that states that the employer can assign you to various tasks depending on the exigencies of the business.

5code - Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Empty Re: Labor code: Underpaid is there any? Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:37 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

7am to 4pm = 9 hrs.
less lunch break (1 hr) = 8 hrs worked.

if 6a to 4p, then dapat bayad as OT ang 1hr.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum