Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unregistered department of a big corporation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

olivera

Arresto Menor

Hello po Atty.
I'd like to consult po my case.
I worked as a probationary employee for 10 months under a duly recognized corporation. In that period, I never signed a contract. However, I found out that the department where I am assigned a managerial position does not have a business permit to operate.
The department I'm in is involved in the production and sale of bread, pork and vegetable products. But I am employed under the corporation with business permit on construction.

I resigned immediately and did not do a turn over.
Now, I received a notice of abandonment of work.
What should I do with it.?

Please help me po.
Thank you po.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You resigned voluntarily of your own free will, right?

Under the law, in order for you not be held liable for damages, you should give your employer at least 30 days notice. You did not do so. It is up to your employer whether they go after you or not.

This might affect your employment elsewhere (if there is an association of employers and they place you on some blacklist), or if your future employer would do a background check.

olivera

Arresto Menor

Thank you Jadis.
I appreciate ur help.
But what about the part where they put me in a department with no business permit to operate.
Can they hold me legally liable for damages in a business with no legal foundations, no BFAD permit for the bakery, no BAI permit for raising the animals and ultimately no business permit, .
Thanks

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

That's for the government to go after, actually and it has nothing to do with your duties as an employee. If you were so minded you should report them to the permits and licensing division of the city where you are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum