Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Validity of employment contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1contract - Validity of employment contract Empty Validity of employment contract Sat May 06, 2017 2:16 am

allufah

Arresto Menor

My daughter applied as teacher in 2 schools, School A and School B. Her preference is School A. School B called her earlier for "final interview". When she got there, the hiring manager gave her a set of papers which the manager called "temporary contract." The contract had several blank spaces, but one of the stipulations was an "employment bond" of PhP500K. My daughter had no intention of signing the contract, but when she was handed the papers, she got an unexplainable feeling. The next thing she knew, she already had signed one copy (page) of the contract. She panicked, stopped signing the other copies. She returned the papers to the hiring manager, explaining that she would return a few days later to finish the contract signing. Unfortunately, in her panicked state, she did not keep the copy she had signed. She came home highly disturbed. I assured her the contract is not valid, and advised her from having any further contact with School B, as I sensed an undue influence over her when she unknowingly signed the contract. In my experience, undue unexplainable influences such as this could be maintained even without actual physical presence, such as over the phone. My question is: If School B decides to hold her to the contract, will it be valid under Philippine laws? If School B had malice, it could presumably take the matter to court - is the defense of undue unexplainable influence be held valid in court? Please give me the best advice, as i am very much concerned at how this could affect the career of my daughter.

2contract - Validity of employment contract Empty Re: Validity of employment contract Sat May 06, 2017 9:24 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

unfortunately your definition of undue influence is different from the courts. You are talking more of "magic". I highly doubt that school b would run after your daughter especially since she hasnt even started day 1 yet. Has the school provided her with any training of any kind?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum