Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Notarized Resignation and new contract signing

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jazer

Arresto Menor

Good Day,

Sana may sumagot sa mga katanungan ko..8 years na po ako sa company ko. Ililipat kami ng company sa "sister" company (run by same management). Yung sister company is 3 years old palang. Gusto ng HR namin mangyari ay mag-resign (notarized resignation)  kami sa unang company at pumirma ng bagong kontrata sa sister company na walang mababago. Transfer lahat ng allowances,years of service, same lahat-lahat po. Parang nagpalit lang kami ng company name. Lahat po ng mga kasama ko nakapirma na, ako na lang po hindi, kasi feeling ko I was forced to resign at hindi ko po maintindihan kung tama ba un. Tama po kaya yung ginagawa nila? Hindi po ba dapat may makukuha ako separation pay o severance package for my previous company? Tama ba na yung tenure mo from last company ay pwede icredit sa next company? Ang reason nila kaya kami ililipat ay dahil yung company ay registered as International company at kelangan alisin ang mga local employee. I hope na may sumagot sa mga katanungan ko. May meeting ulet kami sa Miyerkules tungkol dito. Sana may makatulong saken anu dapat ko gawin. Baka kasi tanggalin nila ako sa trabaho. Maraming salamat po!!!

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Wag mo pirmahan. Mawawala tenureship mo. Bka lahat pa ng benefits na kasama ng tenureship mo ay mawala.

Jazer

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:Wag mo pirmahan. Mawawala tenureship mo. Bka lahat pa ng benefits na kasama ng tenureship mo ay mawala.

Maraming salamat.
Hindi talaga ako pumirma kasi hindi ko maintindihan at hindi nila maipaliwanag ng maayos. Ang explanation nila na lahat ng years of service ko ay malilipat sa bagong company at walang mababago pati benefits ay pareho. Kaya walang separation pay or signing bonus.Ok lang saken na pumirma ng bagong kontrata pero yung pumirma ng resignation letter na naka notaryo parang mali. Discretion/rights ba ng company na hindi kami bigyan ng separation pay? Wala kasi option sila binigay e. Basta pirmahan lng namen lahat nung documents. Anu ba rights ko dito? Pwede ba ako maginsist na bayaran yung tenureship ko at reset to zero sa next company? Or pwede din ba nila hindi na ako iabsorb sa new company name? Thank you.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if bayaran nila yung tenure mo, hindi na nila ikaw kelangan i-absorb, pwede ka na nila tanggalin. You can refuse transfer

Jazer

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:if bayaran nila yung tenure mo, hindi na nila ikaw kelangan i-absorb, pwede ka na nila tanggalin.  You can refuse transfer

Thank you. May gusto ako malinawan? Forcing to sign a resignation is legal in my case or the employer has prerogative to do it?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if ni force ka it is illegal. forcing means tinakot ka, sinabi na papatyin ka, ipakukulong ka, tanggalin ka sa trabaho, sasaksakin ka ng lapis sa mata. if ang sinabi sayo "mas maganda na lumipat ka nalang kasi baka magsara na itong conpanya at wala kang makuha" that is not forcing. if ni try ka iconvince or pinakiuaspan, that is not forcing

another thing about "forcing". kelangan mapatunayan mo

Jazer

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:if ni force ka it is illegal. forcing means tinakot ka, sinabi na papatyin ka, ipakukulong ka, tanggalin ka sa trabaho, sasaksakin ka ng lapis sa mata. if ang sinabi sayo "mas maganda na lumipat ka nalang kasi baka magsara na itong conpanya at wala kang makuha" that is not forcing. if ni try ka iconvince or pinakiuaspan, that is not forcing

another thing about "forcing". kelangan mapatunayan mo

Thank you for your reply.
Correct me if I'm wrong, resignation is a "voluntary" act of employee to relinquish his/her position and office. But, as an alternative, my employer has a prerogative to terminate my employment for legal reasons. Since the employer decided to close the operation of the company (not because of financial loses - I don't know their reasons), my employer should terminate me due to authorized causes because they are the one who initiate the termination. Am I right?
My next questions will be, what is the difference between resignation and termination? In terms of security of my tenureship? Is there any significant advantages if termination instead of resignation?

"I am afraid I will loss all my tenureship worth 8 years if I will resign."

In the documents I will be signing, first page is the resignation letter, then next 9 pages are the new contract, 11th page is the notary paper, and last page is the addendum where stated all salary, position and years of service will be carried over. - (I'm not quite sure on this, the addendum part must be inside the contract?)

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes if you refuse to resign, they will terminate you because of closure. If hindi due to financial losses ang closure then you get separation pay. If nag resign ka no separation pay.

If ayaw mo mag resign then they will be forced to give you separation pay but they don't have to hire you na dun sa new company. Ang advantage nung proposal nila is :
1. you will still have a job
2. since your tenure will be transferred, mas malaki makukuha mo when you retire.
Disadvantage
1. no separation pay now.

Jazer

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:yes if you refuse to resign, they will terminate you because of closure.  If hindi due to financial losses ang closure then you get separation pay.  If nag resign ka no separation pay.  

If ayaw mo mag resign then they will be forced to give you separation pay but they don't have to hire you na dun sa new company.  Ang advantage nung proposal nila is :
1. you will still have a job
2. since your tenure will be transferred, mas malaki makukuha mo when you retire.
Disadvantage
1. no separation pay now.  

Thank you. That's really helpful. Now, I need to decide if work or money? Taking the risks with money or still work like a slave? It's hard to decide if fear of losing job is one prevailing. I want to be an entrepreneur. But not ready yet. I'm now Asst.Manager here in my company and with 3 young children. Maybe I can ask for your opinion/advice. Laughing

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

would depend on how much savings you have? How long can your savings sustain your families needs? Kasi you have to understand that most businesses hindi kikita right away. If stable and maganda yung work mo, i would advise staying there. If you are not happy and have enough savings, i would advise you to go out on your own

Jazer

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:would depend on how much savings you have?  How long  can your savings sustain your families needs?  Kasi you have to understand that most businesses hindi kikita right away.  If stable and maganda yung work mo, i would advise staying there.  If you are not happy and have enough savings, i would advise you to go out on your own

Maraming salamat Sir. That's the perfect advice. I had decided to stay. But, let's see what will happen in the meeting tomorrow. If they insist, I will sign. But I'm still hoping (finger cross), if they'll give me separation pay plus work. In the end, I will have money and work. hahaha Twisted Evil

phildeluna

Arresto Menor

Hi Mam/ Sir... Inquire lang po sana ako... Frequent po kasi ang pag-change ng company name namin.. Last time, pinapirma kami ng contract stating na we will be under a 'new company' (company A) - year 2014. We signed the contract and given separation but until now, we were not given a copy of it. All documents, including COE whenever we request, is under the new company name.

Until recently po, Jan 2017, nagchange na naman po sila ng company name (companmy B)... This time, no contract were given or served to be signed by us, although new IDs were issued under the new company name na. Lagi po ako nagchecheck ng contribution ko sa sss and all, only to find out na ang company name na declared nila since 2014 is yung company name na handle nila this year, 2017.

Ang tanong ko po, tama po ba yun at legal? Kaya naman po pala ni isa sa amin ay walang na-approved sa mga application namin e.g loans, eh dahil false information po yung nasa COE na binibigay nila samen since 2014 (company A), wherein, as shown on SSS website for example, 2014 pa ang company B at non-existing ang company A. Even sa sec po when we checked, no company A is listed, only company B.

Please advise..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum