Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

From illegitimate to legitimate child

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child - From illegitimate to legitimate child Empty From illegitimate to legitimate child Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:23 am

kentkevin014

Arresto Menor

Good Morning,

I am a illegitimate child. I haven't heard any news from biological father for about 15 years. Currently I am using my biological fathers's surname since I was acknowledged but there was no written affidavit to certify only his signature in the birth certificate.
Last January my mother was married and my stepfather wants to change my surname and to use his surname instead. will the rules of adoption apply on my case? I am currently 23 years old will adoption still apply despite of my age. Thanks and more power

kentkevin014

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

No, only a minor (below 18 years old) can be adopted, subject to exceptions that are not applicable to your situation.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

kentkevin014

Arresto Menor

Katrina288 wrote:No, only a minor (below 18 years old) can be adopted, subject to exceptions that are not applicable to your situation.

So there are no other choice or way to use my stepfather's family name. Wala pong pinirmahan na acknowledgement ang biological father ko para gamitin ung family name. Sa totoo lang. Ayaw ko tlaga gamitin apelyido nya. May iba pa bang paraan para hindi ko na magamit apelyido ng biological father ko? Salamat po

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Akala ko ba sabi mo sa taas ay pumirma ang biological father mo sa birth certificate mo? Ang signature ng father mo sa birth certificate at equivalent sa acknowledgement sayo.

There are specific grounds for a change of surname, and unfortunately, they do not apply to you since you are acknowledged by your father (by signing on your birth certificate) and you were not raised since childhood by your stepfather.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum