Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Law Protecting Lessee on a rental property

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jvigil

Arresto Menor

Good day Lawyers and Friends,

I have some problem in my end. We are currently renting a property at P12,500/mo. The property was vacant for quite some time, perhaps 2 years (since the lessor won't tell us exactly how long), and we're the first occupants. But before the lessor decides to have the property be rented, the lessor's family occupied the place and lived in it.

It's only been 8 months since we rented the place (as of writing) and our contract will end by July 1, with no desire for renewal. Our lessor is forcing us to fix the damages in the bathroom and restroom. The damages are the following:
-faucet head was detached. This is unintentional and we have informed the lessor immediately about this. The faucet is an old model and you can obviously tell that it's been there almost 5years or more. Thus, we can conclude that it is due to wear and tear that the head was cut off from the main faucet and it only happen to give off during our time of stay. So lucky right?  Mad
-tank of the toilet bowl is nonfunctional. Well, before occupancy it is actually working but the the handle is no longer working for quite sometime. We seldom use it actually since we're saving water consumption so we can't guarantee that it is our fault. And as I've told you, the place has been vacant for a long time.  Neutral
-busted bulbs. As I've written in the first entry, the house was already used before us and the bulb just get busted due to the duration of use, even before us.

In my opinion, these are mostly wear and tear and every time we found out the damages, we immediately report it to the lessor. At first, we agreed (as lessee) to shoulder the expenses on the first fixtures that were damaged but with the above damages, I think that the lessor's decision is already too much. I do hope that you can help me solve this before our contract expires for me to be able to fight our right. Thank you!

incognita82

Arresto Menor

I also have the same issue Sad

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum