Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Signed a "Letter of Appointment" not an Employment Contract

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dphonorario

Arresto Menor

My girlfriend is currently working as a librarian in a college. She applied for the same position on a different school as she was offered a higher pay since she passed the recent Librarians Licensure Exam. The school she applied to needs to hire her immediately but we are not sure if she could transfer immediately as she signed a "letter of appointment" from her current company.

contract - Signed a "Letter of Appointment" not an Employment Contract YIvBh5K

Is this "letter of appointment" a proper employment contract?
Does it imply that it has a non-compete clause?
Can she immediately resign from her current job without breaching terms?

Last edited by dphonorario on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed the image link)

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

it does mean you accepted employment being offered. so it is binding.
if you did not sign a non compete then theres no non compete to speak of. without any employment contract you need only tender 30 days notice to avoid damages

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

Just submit letter of resignation and render 30 days notice.

dphonorario

Arresto Menor

@lukekyle and @Patok, Thank you for all your insights!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum