Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal Advice about child support

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child - Legal Advice about child support Empty Legal Advice about child support Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Margue

Arresto Menor

I just seeking for advice for financial support for my son. Year 1998 I gave birth to a baby boy but I'm not merried that time as my partner went to Canada after 1 year bumalik sya para makita yung baby ko at inaya nya ko magpakasal bago sya bumalik ng Canada. October Year 2000 bumalik ulit sya dahil namatay ang father. Ang way of communication namin at phone at sulat pero habang tumatagal dumadalang na po ang tawag nya at sulat hanggan mawalan na kami ng communication.

Since 2001 until 2014 wala na po syang suporta sa amin ng anak ko o kahit sa anak ko lang. Nagpapadala yung biyanan ko pero madalang sa isang taon madalas po talagang wala kahit 1 sa isang taon.

2015 nakariceive po ako ng letter sa Lawyer ng asawa ko sa Canada at nanghihingi po sya ng devorse dahil may pamilya na po sya doon.

Ang tanong ko po kung makakakuha pa po ba ang anak ko ng Suporta simula sa taon na di sya nagbigay at ano pa pong ba ang pwede kong gawin sa asawa ko na nag abanduna sa amin?

Sana po matulungan nyo ako.

Nagpapasalamat.

Margue

2child - Legal Advice about child support Empty Re: Legal Advice about child support Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

There is a DEPT for unpaid support until now.

Concerning support to child it normaly ENDS around now for your son. I don't remember if it end at the 18th or 19th birthday.
In some countries it can go on to support higher STUDIES too.

NOTE! After divorse/legal separation there is no support to the mother, and BOTH parents = the mother too is suppoused to pay support to the child. The support to child is splited between the parents depending of capacity, so it's possible one parent pay all.
Have in mind though the living costs in Canada are much higher, which reduce the support capacity, so you can't just compare earning sizes.

3child - Legal Advice about child support Empty Re: Legal Advice about child support Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Margue

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your advice.

Actually I did not response to the letter of his lawyer as I need to seek for an legal advice.

My son is 18 year old now my husband abundon my son when he's 3 years old.  I you think I need to demand from the year that he abundon us?  

My problem is I dont have enough money to make a demand or case for him.

Thanks again

4child - Legal Advice about child support Empty Re: Legal Advice about child support Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:29 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Margue wrote:Actually I did not response to the letter of his lawyer as I need to seek for an legal advice.
Good so you don't write something, which can be used against you.

What does the letter say?

Margue wrote:
My son is 18 year old now my husband abundon my son when he's 3 years old.  I you think I need to demand from the year that he abundon us?  
Yes. The support end now/soon, so demand the dept.
I don't know if it's a time limit in the Philippines.
(In my home country it's max 10 years back, BUT the period is extended if money is asked for during the period.)
Margue wrote:
My problem is I dont have enough money to make a demand or case for him.

Thanks again
In the Philippines you can ask if PAO assist you.

He is in Canada, so it's Canadian law, I believe that's HARDER for the father than Phil law. Philippine law can't reach him anyway, except if he come to Phils.
Perhaps the Canadian officials assist with the LEGAL part for free or for a rather small fee. You can for instance search at Internet or ask the Canadian embassy how to do.
(In my home country it's enough* to send a demand form plus 1600p, which can be demanded from the other too. If the other don't protest, then the officials handle taking money and send it to the demanding.
*If protested, then the demanding need to prove he is father.)

5child - Legal Advice about child support Empty Re: Legal Advice about child support Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:44 pm

Margue

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much for the adviced.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum