Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contract BOND

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bond - Contract BOND Empty Contract BOND Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:16 am

shelley111

Arresto Menor

Hi I have a friend who is currently employed in a restaurant company as management trainee, after 3 months of Probationary she just signed a new contract with a bond of P30,000. She needs to work there for 2 years. She needs to pay the bond through salary deduction, around 600 plus will be deducted to her every pay period but she was advised the amount paid will be returned after 2 years.

She's concerned about the legality of the bond and she wasn't given any copy of contract, she was advised the owner will keep the copy. She just signed the contract like 2 days ago. She would like to know if she can still cancel the contract that she signed.

2bond - Contract BOND Empty Re: Contract BOND Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:50 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Employment bonds are generally considered to be legal, since it is a safeguard for the employer to make sure that the time and effort they invested in training an employee will not be wasted. An employment bond discourages AWOL and abrupt leaving of an employee since they will be made liable to pay such amount if the period agreed upon in the contract has not been completed.

She can ask for a copy of her contract so that your friend will know her duties and responsibilities for her employer, plus the benefits that she'll receive from her employer. She may have the contract cancelled if the employer agrees to its termination as well, which must be done in writing. If the employer does not agree, then the contract must be finished as to the period stipulated.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum