Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice on damage of personal property. (laptop)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

squee

Arresto Menor

My laptop got damaged during class by one of my participants.
So i had him signed an incident report signed by 2 other witness (participant from the class)

Damage done was due coffee spillage.
"Natabig nya ung kape sa table ko"

Now what kind of legal course of action can I take to have him replace the brand new laptop. (2 month old and it already lost warranty due to his actions)

I don't want to have it repaired due to lost of the 1 year warranty so I wanted it to be replaced then give him the damaged laptop so he could have it.

thanks.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

It's best if you don't need to make a case of it. What does the opponents say about compensation?

Are you living in same barangay?
You can try if the Barangay Captain take the case.

Otherwice you can file a case in Small claims court. No lawyers allowed there, so no cost for lawyers going there.

squee

Arresto Menor

Lunkan wrote:It's best if you don't need to make a case of it. What does the opponents say about compensation?

Are you living in same barangay?
You can try if the Barangay Captain take the case.

Otherwice you can file a case in Small claims court. No lawyers allowed there, so no cost for lawyers going there.

Sadly we don't live in the same barrangay.
He said he will pay (47,000php) but after showing him the cost I lost further contact.
If ever Small claims court doesn't work.
Is there somewhere I go to file a law suit?

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

squee wrote:
If ever Small claims court doesn't work.
Is there somewhere I go to file a law suit?
I don't know.
I'm specialiced in tax laws Smile just happen to know some other too.

payoneer

Arresto Mayor

Sir Lunkan is right. If you can settle things out of court, best go that route first.

Since the person who caused the damage seems like he would renege on his obligation, best to send him a formal demand letter. Should this demand letter remain unheeded, then its time to file a small claims case.

As for your question if there would be other ways to compel him to pay, well, there are (extra)-legal ways to do that. But then again, this is a legal forum. So we can't discuss such matters. Smile

squee

Arresto Menor

payoneer wrote:Sir Lunkan is right. If you can settle things out of court, best go that route first.

Since the person who caused the damage seems like he would renege on his obligation, best to send him a formal demand letter. Should this demand letter remain unheeded, then its time to file a small claims case.

As for your question if there would be other ways to compel him to pay, well, there are (extra)-legal ways to do that. But then again, this is a legal forum. So we can't discuss such matters. Smile

This is greatly appreciated in pointing me to the correct path.
Maraming salamat po ang more power to Pinoylawyer.org
Makakaasa po kayo na isa na ako sa magpapakalat ng info about this site, you are all very helpful.

-squee

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum