Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TERMINATION OF PROBATIONARY CONTRACT

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1contract - TERMINATION OF PROBATIONARY CONTRACT Empty TERMINATION OF PROBATIONARY CONTRACT Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:39 pm

HR Ally

Arresto Menor

Hi HR buddies I need your advice.

We have a probationary employee who accidentally suffer from sickness that require her to rest for a long period, from time to time she courteously update us about her condition and provided a medical certificate she is very vocal that she is interested to return and continue her service with us.
The problem is that her contract is still active, and it’s her 3rd month now and she is gone for two months, at first my boss is generous enough to understand her situation but not until now that she advice us that she might need a one month rest again.
My question is how will I execute her termination?
TIA.

2contract - TERMINATION OF PROBATIONARY CONTRACT Empty Re: TERMINATION OF PROBATIONARY CONTRACT Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:19 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

What sickness?

If the employee is worth keeping eventually, you could extend probationary to cover the months that she has been absent.

http://www.councilviews.com

3contract - TERMINATION OF PROBATIONARY CONTRACT Empty Re: TERMINATION OF PROBATIONARY CONTRACT Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:47 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Terminate the employee? on what grounds? If you terminate the employee based on her sickness, you run the risk of being sued.

Council is right. However, if you really want to end her employment, wait for her proby period to expire and give her a non-reg notice. That's is the safest way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum