Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit Card debt turned Estafa

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - Credit Card debt turned Estafa Empty Credit Card debt turned Estafa Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:18 pm

angelbiggie

Arresto Menor

I would like to ask for legal advice regarding my case:

I used my credit card but then left the country to study abroad. After a few emails from lawyers, asking me for payment, which I was unable to pay, I eventually got an info from my friends in the Philippines that there was a estafa case filed against me.

Now, according to the lawyer that called my previous employer, I will be put on "blacklist". Initially I couldn't understand what they meant by that, but according to the lawyer, my name will be put on Blacklist on all "domestic" and "international" terminals. I assume that they were referring to "Hold Departure Order".

I am aware that Estafa is a serious offense... and it is also the only non-criminal offense that has jail time.

Questions are:
1. Is it even legal/possible for a credit card debt to escalate to estafa? Note: I did not issue any cheque as payment
2. Can they really put a HDO on my name?
3. If there is a blacklist/HDO, would it apply only within Philippines or would they also be able to submit that to other countries?
4. If ever I am caught in another country, would there be an Extradition for mere estafa case?

Thank you in advance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum