Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enroachment...Should we file a case or not?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

belle0929

Arresto Menor

We're having issues about our ROW, our neighbor built her balcony over it. We reported this to our city engineer. The inspector came and checked the enroachment. Our right of way is only a meter wide, our neighbor extended her second floor renovation and covered more than a foot of our right of way. She even built a door right beside the right of way and a window over it.

The inspector told us to just let it go since it's just a feet gone...my parents don't want this and would like to file a case againts our neighbor.

What would be the best thing to do? If we're going to file a case, will it be long and tedious? If we win the case, are we going to get any indemnity for all these trouble she caused us?

Please enlighten me. Thank you.

Last edited by belle0929 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

payoneer

Arresto Mayor

The best thing to do is to talk to your neighbor first and inform him/her of your concern. Try to settle things out of court as much as possible. Court cases are not only expensive, but also takes a lot of time.

belle0929

Arresto Menor

We talked to her. Sadly she went to the brgy and filed a complain againts us. She lied and told the brgy that we are disturbing her construction. She doesnt want to negotiate and her mind is set to send the issue to court. What should I do now?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum