Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employment bond problem

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - Employment bond problem Empty Employment bond problem Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:03 am

nakapagtataka

Arresto Menor

Hi! I have browsed the forum and found threads regarding employment bond.

I'm currently working in a company that has bonded me for 3 years. I've been with it for 7 months now. At first I thought it was okay, but because of circumstances, I need to resign.

The compensation I'm getting isn't enough to support my family anymore.

I'm afraid to do so because of the 250K bond they imposed on me.

We we're trained for about 2 months pero wala naman ako napaggamitan nun.

I want to seek opportunities outside para mabuhay ang family ko.

Can you give me any advice para di ako habulin dun sa bond? Wala rin naman kasi kaming ibabayad dun.

Thanks in advance.

2employment - Employment bond problem Empty Re: Employment bond problem Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:13 am

attyLLL

you can try to negotiate with the company. Be prepared that they will hold your last pay and clearance.

Neither can you prevent them from filing a case to collect from you, but you can defend yourself as to whether the amount they are collecting is reasonable. There is one thread here wheree the employee was bonded for P100k. The court said it was unreasonable and reduced it to P20k.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3employment - Employment bond problem Empty Re: Employment bond problem Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:14 pm

nakapagtataka

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the response

An update regarding my problem.

I was told that the waiving of the bond is a case to case basis.

However, chances are, my 250k bond would turn out as a loan from the company which i will be forced to pay.

If this pushes through, do I have a chance to plead that 250k is too much?

I've reviewed my contract and it says that i would pay 250k if i leave the company, the 250k amount wasn't stated as training cost.

4employment - Employment bond problem Empty Re: Employment bond problem Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:21 pm

attyLLL

it's either you choose to pay or be prepared to fight.

you can challenge the validity of the bond for being inflated by resigning without paying it. they will probably not give your last pay and clearance.

i know of one person who resigned and gave 30 day notice. they did indeed withhold his last salary so he filed a claim at nlrc. the case was settled. he gave up the last pay in exchange for clearance and the company gave up its bond. no guarantees that it will work for you also

5employment - Employment bond problem Empty Re: Employment bond problem Sun May 15, 2011 9:12 pm

nakapagtataka

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply sir.

I want to ask. If the company fires me, can they still push with the collection of the 250k? Or is the bond only applicable if I were to resign?

6employment - Employment bond problem Empty Re: Employment bond problem Mon May 16, 2011 7:41 am

Avan123

Arresto Menor

tol, dati nanko nagwork sa BPO na may bond..nag Awol ako it was more than 4 yrs ago..pero di namn nila ko hinabol...they made theis "Bond" so that the employees would always hesitate to leave the company .kc nga namuhunan na cla and they are tired of hiring new employees that will do the same trick sa knila..but so far never pako nakarinig na nakasuhan sa bond.

7employment - Employment bond problem Empty Re: Employment bond problem Mon May 16, 2011 11:32 am

attyLLL

they usually use it to justify non payment of your last pay and you end up with a debt. there have been some instances where the company actually sued for the bond and won if it involved expensive training.

8employment - Employment bond problem Empty Re: Employment bond problem Mon May 16, 2011 2:30 pm

nakapagtataka

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:they usually use it to justify non payment of your last pay and you end up with a debt. there have been some instances where the company actually sued for the bond and won if it involved expensive training.

The training was for two months. In-house training, its sort of a classroom approach training.

Right now, they requesting me to return and work for them, otherwise they will push through with the contract.

Right now, I have two options.

1. Return to work and do something i dont want doing and get compensated poorly.

2. Refuse to return.

I really want to go with option 2. However, i'm really afraid of the 250k bond.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum