Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employment Contract

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1contract - Employment  Contract Empty Employment Contract Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:13 pm

rreyes365

Arresto Menor

Hi po just a quick inquiry. i already signed the Employment contract which i suppose to start after 15 days but unfortunately i decided not to proceed because i have other opportunity abroad.
Can the company file a case to me? Is it possible to cancel at this stage?

2contract - Employment  Contract Empty Re: Employment Contract Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:19 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

You are liable for any penalties and damages.

Civil Code says:

Art. 1315. Contracts are perfected by mere consent, and from that moment the parties are bound not only to the fulfillment of what has been expressly stipulated but also to all the consequences which, according to their nature, may be in keeping with good faith, usage and law.

http://www.councilviews.com

3contract - Employment  Contract Empty Re: Employment Contract Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:51 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

I believe Mr. Council is saying 'you MAY be Liable'...It is not automatic that a person is liable for damages if he/she has opted to go against the terms and conditions of a contracts because Damages must be proven.

-Can the company file a case to me?

YES, they can file a case against you if it opts to do so.

-Is it possible to cancel at this stage?

YES, by submitting a resignation letter. The contract may be cancelled if your company accepts the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum