Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employment Bond Value

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - Employment Bond Value Empty Employment Bond Value Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:38 pm

burnneck

Arresto Menor

Good day!

In my current company, the foreign employer is asking/forcing the tenured employees (I have been employed in the same company for 4 years now, while account is only 4 years old, I'm a pioneer) to sign a 3 year bond with an arbitrary bond value of 1.5 million pesos. With a promise of promotion and training. however the training value lets say would not reach the 1.5m not even 10% of that, since the IT training cost is about 50k - 150k since the training is just local, and only a 5 day training course. At times there is no actual training, but another colleague that went to the actual training course (since they signed the bond first), he/she will sit down with you for for 1 week teaching you what he learned when he/she was trained. Promotion is given but increase in pay is very minimal.

The tenured employees are forced to sign anyway, since those that are not signing are being forced out by being given less than desirable reviews, hence no salary increase or bonus. Promotion is withheld.

my question is the bond value legal, even though they did not incur that amount in loss they have stipulated on the bond. My understanding the bond amount is the cost incurred by the company for training the employee, or lost income in case of a project being left in the middle of completion.

Regards, and advance thank you.
Bobby

2employment - Employment Bond Value Empty Re: Employment Bond Value Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:01 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if its a purely training bond yes, its the cost of training but perhaps its a performance bond etc? pls do not sign it with the idea that they wont be able to enforce it. you can always try to contest the value but the courts can rule either way.

For breach of contract opportunity costs have been used as a factor in computing damages. also training costs does include HR hours used to prep the candidate, supervisory costs, even salaries of co workers if they used the buddy system

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum