Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change child's last name to mother's maiden name

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

singlemother1124

Arresto Menor

hi, my son is currently 8 months old and was born outside of the philippines. he carries his father's last name and i would like to change his last name to my maiden name. his father is married in the philippines and his wife does not want anything to do with our son. and so with this, i decided to change my son's last name to my maiden name. how do i go about this and what is the first step in proceeding with this? thank you. hope i can get some advice.

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Since your child is an acknowledged illegitimate child, the only way for you to change your child's surname is for you to adopt your own child. If you adopt your child, you would need the written consent of the father and once approved by the court, your child will no longer be considered an illegitimate child and as one of the consequences of adoption, he can use your surname.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Iamgaga

Arresto Menor

Hi po atty katrina,may i know what are the steps of adopting my own child.need ko din po kasing e change ang suriname ng anak ko for passport purposes to travel sa home country ng father nya,di kasi sya pwedeng e acknowledge dun bocz they are under Shariah Law.pls naman po help is thereany other legal way that my child can used my suriname.d namn po kamu kasal but he signed at the back of the BC.tnx po

lezieldelarosa@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Hello good morning.

Gusto ko po sanang itanong, want ko po kasing palitan ng surnamen ang baby girl ko.
naghiwalay po kami ng father nia because of personal issues then sinasaktan din po ako ng biyanan ko
hindi naman po ako kayang ipagtanggol nung kinakasama ko. HIndi po kame kasal bale sa kanya po naka aperlyido si baby. Sa ngayon po gusto ko pongpapalitan ang surname ng baby ko kasi wala naman po syang natatanggap na suporta sa papa nya kahit may trabaho to. Ako lang po lahat ang gumagastos simula ng ipanganak ko si baby. pag na oospital po ako din lahat ang gumagastos kahit sa panggatas ako din lahat. pano po kaya yon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum