Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My deceased Mother left multiple Credit Card debts

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ARamos23

Arresto Menor

Good day,

I require some advice regarding the aforementioned situation.
My Mother had passed away two months ago, and she left quite a debt with a few Credit Card companies.

My main concern is what will happen to our house?

As it stands, our Mother was already widowed before she passed away; she took the house out and paid for it by herself. It is the only asset she has left. Sadly, our Mother did not leave a Last Will and Testament.

We are currently in the middle of getting the Title transferred and shared between me and my two older sisters, we have already been to the BIR for the Tax Declaration, submitted the proper documentation to the Registry of Deeds; wherein we were told would take a few months to finalize.

I stand as the head of the household, as I am the only Male and the only one working.

I fear that the banks will file a claim on the property in order for the debt to be paid off. I absolutely do not want to lose our home, and I sure as HELL do not want the house which our Mother spent 30+ years paying off with blood, sweat, and tears of hard work to be liquidated and/or sold off.

I would gladly appreciate a speedy reply or advice anyone will give.

Best Regards,

Adrielle

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I DON'T know, but I suppouse you and your sisters inherit the NET value of what your mother had (=house minus depts).

A will HADN'T changed the total value (but could have changed a bit how to split it.)

attyLLL

the credit card companies indeed have a right to be paid against the estate of your mother, but to execute against her properties, they would have to file a case to prove the validity of the amount of debts and that they were used for the benefit of the family.

I recommend you move to settle the estate of your mother and transfer the same to the heirs.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

ARamos23

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:the credit card companies indeed have a right to be paid against the estate of your mother, but to execute against her properties, they would have to file a case to prove the validity of the amount of debts and that they were used for the benefit of the family.

I recommend you move to settle the estate of your mother and transfer the same to the heirs.

Thank you, attyLLL. We will gladly take that under advisement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum