Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freelance worker for a marketing agency/ No contract signed/ Charged for tax and other benefits.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jamieallycel

Arresto Menor

Hi! I don't know much about taxes. When I was a regular employee, I was very lenient at checking how my taxes are computed because it is automatically payed by my employer. I only had one employer and Im still currently registered to their RDO code. I resigned last May 2015 and have not provided any form of contribution to BIR, PAGIBIG, SSS, PHILHEALTH ever since. I became a freelance model for different agencies, and accepted net payments right after every project. Some would collect BIR, PAGIBIG, SSS, PHILHEALTH information from me, but never did I receive any notification that part of my talent fee will be deducted because of these until I worked with one marketing agency who, at first, made me a buffer for one specific project. Im not registered as a regular employee at their agency. Never did. Did I sign any contract? No, Never. My first project (One day, I was promised 1,800) but I got it two weeks after from their payroll. I saw my payslip with deductions from pagibig, sss, philhealth and bir. I still got the net pay promised. the next project was 1600. No complaints. I was payed right after. The next project I was payed 1800 right after. But the previous one, is what I would like to complain about. I have a record of our conversation that our pay will still be 1800. After working with them for 6 days consecutively, They have informed me that I am only supposed to receive 1300 a day because of some budget restrictions of their client. BSC they call it. They said my first week (6days) "inabonohan na nga lang namin yan e". My second week which I worked for 4 days I will be payed 1300 a day. All of these changes, I was only informed of at my last day. Little did I know, when I was about to get my payslip for the first week (6days) I was expecting 1800 a day (as they said, "inabonohan lang nila yon") I only got a net 1600 a day because of the deductions.

First, If Im not a self employed individual how can they charge me for my withholding tax?
Second, Is there anything I can do here?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

Merong withholding tax ang self employed individuals when they transact with another company. There are different types of withholding tax, merong for compensation, meron din for supply of services.

3contract - Freelance worker for a marketing agency/ No contract signed/ Charged for tax and other benefits.  Empty lukekyle: Thu May 19, 2016 2:35 pm

jamieallycel

Arresto Menor

Sir, private employed po ang status ko sa BIR, pano po nila ko makukuhanan ng withholding tax? Hindi pa po nachange yung status ko sir.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes, pwede po mag withhold ang company sa payment to any supplier of service. kahit na ano po ang status nyo sa BIR. Wala pong connection ito. Basta babayaran po kayo ng isang company, pwede po silang mag withhold sa inyo.

eto po yung link ng website ng bir
http://www.bir.gov.ph/index.php/tax-information/withholding-tax.html#wt0013

Nakalista po dyan ang mga different types ng withholding tax. para po sa inyong kaalamanan

jamieallycel

Arresto Menor

Thank you po

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum