Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Empty EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Fri May 13, 2016 3:44 pm

angelique

Arresto Menor

I am currently employed and I sent my notice of resignation last week as I have been employed for only one and a half month. I am asking if the agreement which states in the contract that I have signed, if ever I cannot finish the training in 9 months I should pay the amount of training being enumerated in the contract, should I pay? as far as my journey or experience with the company I haven't attended any workshop or formal training that could enhance my learning. And the HR failed to state in the orientation before I sign the contract that the training we would be paying is just informal, like if you ask a question they would answer. should I pay the amount stated or just the damages that I have only cause in the 1 and a half months duration of being a trainee in the company?

Last edited by angelique on Fri May 13, 2016 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)

2employment - EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Empty Re: EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Fri May 13, 2016 3:54 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

If naka stipulate sa contract mo that you would be liable for that amount, yes, they will make you pay for it.

3employment - EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Empty Re: EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Fri May 13, 2016 3:56 pm

angelique

Arresto Menor

But then the HR failed to tell that there is no formal training that would happen. I would be paying a lot of money for no reason?

4employment - EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Empty Re: EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Fri May 13, 2016 4:01 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

well you can challenge it when they file charges. Kasi they have to substantiate their claim. But offhand medyo mas malakas ang case nila kasi you signed it. Training kasi can be construed as anything. from asking your supervisor what to do next, even from an email asking for direction or clarification.

It would be different if nakasulat na merong seminars about a specific topic and they failed to conduct one, then you will not be held liable for those specific expenses

5employment - EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Empty Re: EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Fri May 13, 2016 4:23 pm

angelique

Arresto Menor

so that's all I can do? just pay or if ever they will raise a complaint I can challenge them in court? anything I can do?

6employment - EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Empty Re: EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Fri May 13, 2016 4:40 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

ako i would wait, sometimes these companies do not bother to charge you as court costs are also expensive.

Another option is try to negotiate. If the total amount is 100k, maybe offer them 20k. That way they get a small amount but dont need to go thru the hassle and costs of litigation where its not sure if they will win. The downside to this is, they might not run after you at all and you end up paying them 20k. another possible downside is they may reject the offer and be more aggressive in pursuing a case against you

7employment - EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Empty Re: EMPLOYMENT TRAINING CONCERN Fri May 13, 2016 4:48 pm

angelique

Arresto Menor

Thank You so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum