Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for an Good Lawyer - Labor/Employment Case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

employee.ph

Arresto Menor

After my wife's 1:1 meeting with her boss saying she cannot be absent anymore going forward because its a basic expectation from a Senior Manager, she was compelled to resign. The next day she submitted her resignation stating that she won't be able to sustain not getting sick nor won't have family emergencies in the future. On the third day, her boss talked to her and confirmed that her understanding is not correct in that they're not asking her to be in the office always but to only have a permanent shift and verbally mentioned that they want to save her from resigning. Her boss agreed for my wife to rethink about her decision so 2 days from that talk, she emailed retracting her resignation stating that she agrees with their conditions of at least try to minimize absences and work on a permanent shift. 5 days after her retraction, my wife was called for another meeting this time with her boss and HR and they informed her that they are not accepting her retraction because she's no longer fit for the position. They said that because of the things she mentioned in her resignation letter in that she has become sickly due to long hours of work and the fact that her family will always be her priority, they think that she's no longer fit for the role.

Are we looking at a solid case of constructed or forced resignation and discrimination?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum