Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

AWOL and the Certificate of Employment

+3
LandOwner12
thepoetsedge
crstina
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:26 am

crstina

Arresto Menor

Good evening Sir/Maam,

Mag-tatanong lang po ... sa COE po ba ng isang AWOL na employee, mailalagay po ba doon sa certificate na AWOL po ang empleyado? or ang ilalagay lang po doon ay ang date kung kailan nag start and nag-end, and pati ang position sa company?

I don't mean to be rude po, pero may right po ba ang company na ilagay nila ito? or pwede po na hindi?

Maraming salamat po sa mga advice and mga sagot na maibibigay po sa mga tanong ko.

2employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:57 am

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

The company, as a general rule, has the right to include true and honest facts in a Certificate of Employment in any employment, such as earning capacity and tenure of work. If AWOL was the way an employee ended his employment and that was what really transpired, then they have the right to include such fact there.

Yung option mo na lang nun is to forego having your previous employer as part of your resume when looking for work, since baka mahirapan kang maghanap ng trabaho lalo na kung tatawagan ng mga prospective employers mo yung previous employment mo as to your history there. Alternatively, you may want to amicably talk to the HR department or your supervisor in your previous employment regarding such matter, pero malabo na pagbibigyan ka nila since you did not follow proper procedure in resigning from your work.

In sum, nasa company yung prerogative if they would even give you a Certificate of Employment, and if they will, they have the freedom to put whatever relevant facts they deem important in such certificate.

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

Tama.talk to ur boss.talk to hr. Convince them to be kind.and promise not to do it again

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

crstina wrote:Good evening Sir/Maam,

Mag-tatanong lang po ... sa COE po ba ng isang AWOL na employee, mailalagay po ba doon sa certificate na AWOL po ang empleyado? or ang ilalagay lang po doon ay ang date kung kailan nag start and nag-end, and pati ang position sa company?

I don't mean to be rude po, pero may right po ba ang company na ilagay nila ito? or pwede po na hindi?

Maraming salamat po sa mga advice and mga sagot na maibibigay po sa mga tanong ko.

A COE, in general, does NOT include the fact that the employee was terminated for abandonment of work. It only discusses the fact that the employee was part of the company from this to this date and for what purpose the COE was requested or printed for.

5employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:33 pm

crstina

Arresto Menor

Maraming salamat po sa mga sagot and advice po Smile

Acelmania

Arresto Menor

Good day po sa inyo.ako humihingi ng advice kung anu po ang maari ko pong gawin.tungkol po ito sa paghingi ng COE.hindi po ako mbigyan ng COE dahil po ako ay AWOL.ang dahilan po ng aking awol ay dahil po ako ay galing po sa panganganak.ang due date ko po ay august 20,2015 dahil po ako ay nakakaranas ng pre-term labor simula pa po ng january 2015 ay nararanasan ko na po ang pain sa aking sinapupunan.ako po ay in-advice ng aking ob na magleave ng 2weeks starting po dapat nang february dahil may possibility pong malaglag ang baby ko kung hindi po ako mag-complete bed rest.pero nagleave na lng po ako ng march dahil sa mrami pong kailangan na tpusin n work.to make the story short nagpa-file po ako tlga ng sick leave dahil po sa kinakailngan at sa sitwasyon ko.the last sick leave ko po was july 4 to july 18,2015 dahil po sa wala pa po ako sa dur pero nag lalabor na po ako..inadvice ko na po ang opis na mag-early maternity leave nalng po ako after po ng sickleave ko dahil hindi ko na po tlga kaya at di ko po para isacrifice ang kalagayan ko lalo na po ang aking baby.pumayag namn po sila.nanganak po ako august 20,2015 at nung sept.18 po ay pinapapasok na po nila ako dahil sa nagearly maternity leave daw po ako ang problema po inadvice ko po sila na hindi ko pa po tlga kayang pumasok dahil po dinidugo pa po ako until dumting po yung last day po ng september ang sabi po ng boss ko kung hindi pa po ako makakapasok baka hindi na po ako mahintay ng boss ko..hindi ko po magawang makapagpa-check up that time dahil walang wala po kaming pera..kaya po nakapag-awol po ako.
Ngayon po nagrerequest po ako ng COE ayaw po nila akong bigyan dahil awol po ako.please po need ko po ng answer meron po kasi akong application need ko po ang COE.slmat po.sna po inyo akong matulungan.

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Walang kinalaman sa pagiging AWOL o Terminated ng isang empleyado sa COE. Pumunta ka sa HR niyo at magrequest ka ulit at sabihin mo ito. Kung ayaw pa din e mag-file ka ng complaint sa DOLE.

Acelmania

Arresto Menor

Hi sir HrDude galing na po ako sa DOLE ang sabi po nasa batas daw po yun kapag awol ka at any reason kailangan magpa-clearance daw po ako para makakuha ng COE

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Acelmania wrote:Hi sir HrDude galing na po ako sa DOLE ang sabi po nasa batas daw po yun kapag awol ka at any reason kailangan magpa-clearance daw po ako para makakuha ng COE

Kaya nga. Kahit ano pa man ang rason kung bakit natanggal and isang empleyado ay karapatan niya ang mabigyan ng COE.

Ang COE ay nakukuha kung ikaw ay nakapag-clearance na.

10employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:15 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

crstina wrote:Good evening Sir/Maam,

As long as its truthful, the company has the right to put that in you COE. Pwede nga nila ilagay na you have black hair and your height is 5,5" as long as its true

11employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:20 pm

Azia27

Arresto Menor

Can I be cleared if the situation is like this:

I submitted a letter for not renewing my contract then the Asst manager told my agency that I need to render 30 days even though end-of-contract.

do they have a valid reason not to sign my clearance knowing that they were aware of the duration of my contract?

thanks

12employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:24 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Azia27 wrote:Can I be cleared if the situation is like this:

I submitted a letter for not renewing my contract then the Asst manager told my agency that I need to render 30 days even though end-of-contract.

do they have a valid reason not to sign my clearance knowing that they were aware of the duration of my contract?

thanks

NO, the employer (ER) doesn't have a valid reason not to sign your clearance. Tell them that the 30-day Notice is for Resignation purposes only. The law is silent on notices in this situation.

The procedure in an ACTUAL situation is that when the employee (EE) wishes not to continue his/her employment, he/she can give a notice to the ER earlier or even before the end of the contract. If the ER offers an extension contract, he may decline such just as long as it is prior to the expiration of the old contract.

If the ER insists, the EE can offer immediate resignation in lieu of an extension. In this scenario, the ER cannot force the EE to render a 30-day turnover.

NOTE: ER cannot force an employee to sign an extension contract nor to work for another 30 days. This is "Involuntary Servitude". No less than the Constitution suggests this.

13employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Azia27

Arresto Menor

HrDude wrote:
Azia27 wrote:Can I be cleared if the situation is like this:

thanks

NO, the employer (ER) doesn't have a valid reason not to sign your clearance. Tell them that the 30-day Notice is for Resignation purposes only. The law is silent on notices in this situation.

The procedure in an ACTUAL situation is that when the employee (EE) wishes not to continue his/her employment, he/she can give a notice to the ER earlier or even before the end of the contract. If the ER offers an extension contract, he may decline such just as long as it is prior to the expiration of the old contract.

If the ER insists, the EE can offer immediate resignation in lieu of an extension. In this scenario, the ER cannot force the EE to render a 30-day turnover.

NOTE: ER cannot force an employee to sign an extension contract nor to work for another 30 days. This is "Involuntary Servitude". No less than the Constitution suggests this.

the assistant manager insisted to my agency that I must render another 30 days and turn over before they sign my clearance, this means, my backpay or final pay still on hold due to my unsigned clearance..
currently im working and cannot leave the office for some reason..
what remedy can I do to this?

sayang naman ang backpay or fianl pay ko dahil pinaghirapan ko din naman yun db po

14employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Mon May 02, 2016 8:03 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Di naman issue dito backpay mo e. Pero kung ayaw mo ilaban e mag-render ka na lng.

15employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Wed May 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Azia27

Arresto Menor

ibig sabihin ba na dahil hindi ako nag continue ng contract o nag extend na gaya ng sinasabi ng asst manager ko dati ay karapatan nila na ihold ang clearance ko at hindi mabigyan ng coe?

thanks thanks

16employment - AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Empty Re: AWOL and the Certificate of Employment Wed May 04, 2016 6:27 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

Tulad nga ng nasabi, walang karapatan si employer mo na i-hold clearance mo at hindi ka bigyan ng COE.

Magextend ka man o hindi o Mag-render ka o hindi e kelangan umaksyon ang employer mo sa issue ng 'employer-employee relationship' niyo. Kung hindi nila aaksyunan ito sa lalong madaling panahon at hihintayin lang ang aksyon mo, pwede ka ng magreklamo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum