Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD

+12
Faustino Chan
libra123
aquarious39
AWV
M.nads
Bardi
Chester79
chloe_chyna
mrelator@yahoo.com
nazead
attyLLL
rda2ksilver
16 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:41 pm

rda2ksilver

Arresto Menor

I need your advice/info. regarding my situation since I still have unpaid loans and credit card abroad(Riyadh, KSA). Is there a way foreign banks can file a civil/criminal case in the Philippines? If they could, what if I could not pay the full amount but I'm willing to settle it as soon as I could find a job but it will take months maybe, I'm afraid also if they would not accept smaller installments. I decided to go back in Philippines because my income abroad is not enough to pay for my expenses (loan,cards,etc.) since I encounter financial problems and I was afraid that I will go to jail and could not go back to Philippines.
Please help, thanks.

2credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:19 pm

attyLLL

yes, as with the banks in dubai, they hired a local collection agency to collect outstanding loans. they can validly initiate a civil case to collect against you, but not a criminal case.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:10 pm

rda2ksilver

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply...do i need to pay the interest or only the outstanding balance? what if i could not pay the amount they will demand or if they will not agree with the amount I am capable of paying monthly, what they will possibly do? am I in danger of going to jail if in the period of time I could not meet their demands, even if i did not ignore their subpoena or any court hearings?

4credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

attyLLL

no criminal action against you here should prosper. failure to pay a debt is not a crime under philippine law.

what you should pay depends on what you can negotiate if they do try to collect from you.

5credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:36 am

nazead

Arresto Menor

hi, I left UAE for more than a year now with an unpaid loan/credit cards. the loan monthly payment was deducted automatically from my salary, except for the credit cards which I have to pay myself directly to the bank or somewhere else, so there was no cheque issued. by the way, someone from the bank managed to find me in facebook and tells me that my case had been forwarded to the authorities and that I will have a travel ban unless I pay them back..I now live in europe and thinking of going home to philippines, is there a possibility that I can get arrested or they can hold me in the airport immigration due to my unpaid debts in UAE?

6credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:01 pm

attyLLL

i find it unlikely, but the better thing to do is to have a legal representative check for you at the bureau of immigration.

7credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:25 pm

mrelator@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

hello po, i need your advice....i have the same problem with them..I left dubai 3 yrs ago with unpaid salary loan single pa po ako nun, sa contract ko po the loan is payable within 3 yrs. i just completed 1 yr..dahil finished contract na po ako, before i left nag deposit po ako ng 3 months advance sa pag aakalang makabalik agad agad ako, kaya lng d agad ako nakabalik dahil may ban po ako ng 6 mos, at nagkaproblema na din po ako sa pinas,,ngayon po gusto ko po sumunod sa asawa ko sa saudi, d ko po alam ang gagawin ko kung ano ang dapat munang gawin...D ko din alam kung san pwede magbayad ngayong napabayaan na nga po....Nag aalala po din ako kung magkakaproblema din ako sa immigration kung sakali matuloy,lalo na pagdating sa airport....gusto ko po before ako umalis maayos muna lahat...advise nyo po ako kung ano dapat gawin....salamat po

8credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:46 pm

attyLLL

so you want to pay your obligations to the bank? send them an email to inquire. beware, some of them have collection agencies here.

9credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 am

chloe_chyna

Arresto Menor

Hi, I left in Saudi for almost 2 years now and I got an email just this morning from a legal counsel agency here in the philippines about a "notice of final demand for payment" stating about my unpaid loan in Saudi Arabia. My loan is payable in 3 years. I have only paid 1 year of the loan because I have to go to the Philippines for some emergency matters. But, I wasn't able to go back in Saudi since then that's why I haven't also paid the remaining balance of my loan. Now they are asking me to pay it w/in 5 days time. I don't have much money right now. They said that they will seize my properties or may impose a penalty of imprisonment against me in the criminal aspect under the present existing law of KSA. What should I do now? Will I go to jail for this? I still want to work abroad, will they hold me in the immigration? Hoping for your immediate response on this matter. Thanks.

10credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:47 pm

attyLLL

i cannot speak for the laws in KSA, but you will not be imprisoned here.

11credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Unpaid loan Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Chester79

Arresto Menor

Musta po kabayan!

Gusto ko lang po humingi ng tulong.Nagtrabaho po ako sa saudi arabia from 2003-2007, and left with a bank loan. We move to Ireland after saudi arabia but the bank didn't get in touch with me, And recently I move down under(Australia) and In my suprise someone is calling me regarding my unsettled loan. Hindi ko alam kung paano nila ako na track down. Now they are asking me to settle my laon wihtin 15 days and they are offering me half of the my loan which is approx 500thousand pesos. At this day kahit sinong mayaman mahirap i produce yung 500 thousand pesos ng ganun ganun nalang. Nakikipag arrange ako sa kanila na bigyan nila ako ng palugit pero dinadagdagan naman nila yung amount. And they are telling me that they will issue and interpool ban for me abroad that will affect my application of laons and application of citizenship. I am so stressed now with this, please advice me on what to do.

12credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Bardi

Arresto Menor

I have unpaid debt from my previous company loan. Last feb ako nag loan, it was 50k, paid interest in advance. Paid around 20k until May. Supposed to be loan was payable until July 30, 2012.
I know it's not a big amount but I just don't have the money. I have a job now pro ako kasi ang breadwinner and my lola is very sick, I could not shed money to pay for my loan. It goes for food and medicine.
The loaner told me to visit their office. I'm fearful that if I go their without money, they might trap me for imprisonment. I can also promise to pay cause I don't really know how to pay our debts. Marami na kaming utang sa probincya and sa mga relatives namin.
I was also told that they will file a case against me in my province. I no longer lived their as I am in Cebu, I visit their twice a year lang. Their office is in Cebu too.
Here are my concerns:
What case can they file against me? will I go to jail?
Can I get an advise from PAO?

Please help me. Salamat po.

13credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Fri May 30, 2014 10:32 am

M.nads

Arresto Menor

hi po, I am Egyptian and my wife is filipina we left Emirates 2007 and my wife have unpaid c.c and p. loan and we are living in Egypt since that time, and the collectors of the banks contacted her family in Philippines to pay the dues. now she want to visit her family and I am afraid that they will arrest her at the Philippines airport, is it possible ?

14credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Fri May 30, 2014 2:54 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

M.nads wrote:hi po, I am Egyptian and my wife is filipina we left Emirates 2007 and my wife have unpaid c.c and p. loan and we are living in Egypt since that time, and the collectors of the banks contacted her family in Philippines to pay the dues. now she want to visit her family and I am afraid that they will arrest her at the Philippines airport, is it possible ?

Not really!
Does she owe them more than 100,000 Dirhams? If not then it's covered by the bank insurance. They only tried to collect it if they can but if they can't, then they claim the insurance. They only need to prove to the insurance that they've done their best to collect it. Nothing to worry about it!

15credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:51 pm

aquarious39

Arresto Menor

I am working here in hongkong and im about to renew my working visa but i have unpaid credit card in the Philippines and they sent my family a supena about my unpaid credit card.
Is there any problem of my renewal of working visa here in hongkong?
Pls i need your advice for this matter.
Thanks

16credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:44 am

libra123

Arresto Menor

Hello po sa inyo, need advise po para mabawasa ang kaba ko.

Ako rin po ay umalis ng dubai na may naiwan na around 6000 dirhams sa credit card ko noong 2012 hindi ko po nais na takasan ang obligation ko sa first gulf bank pero hindi na po ako nakabalik kasi yung new employer ko sana hindi tinuloy ang project nya kaya hindi ako nabigyan ng visa. Meron atty castillo always nangungulit sa tawag at email ko gustuhin ko mang magbayad takot akong maloko. Tanong ko lang po meron po ba talagang first gulf bank na dito sa pinas gaya ng sabi nya na ipapahuli at ipapakulong daw nya ako. Hindi na po ako nakakatulog at laging tumataas ang bp ko. Covered din po ba ako dun sa insurance na uncollected debts below 100t dirhams

17credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:04 am

Faustino Chan

Arresto Menor

Hello po, i left UAE last 2006 because i was transfered to Central Africa and before that i had a credit with Rak Bank amounting to 1,000 Dhs and the other one is 2,000 Dhs since i was assign in other country i cut off my credit card into pieces so it will not be used anymore and i informed the bank about it and they told me its not too much amount and it will be covered by insurance, so years goes by and nothing heard from them suddenly they got my contact number in work abroad and someone from philippines a collection agency keep on threathening me that i will go to jail if i dont pay my debt which is now 8,000 Dhs because of the interest and before that somebody from philippines not from a collection agency visiting our place and asking for payment and carrying a small piece of paper not even notarized or in official letterhead of the bank and asking to pay them right away and they took some of my father cash and leave the old man on shock. now they told me that they will file a criminal case against me once i came home to philippines? on my understanding here is that Transaction has been made to UAE and UAE has no Authority to arrest in philippines and as per Philippines Constitution Republic Act Article 3 Section 20: that no person shall be imprisoned for not paying of debt or poll tax, now everyday i keep on receiving email from Mr.PAOLO CARPIO from a collection agency. what the bank told me that its covered with insurance or it will go to uncollected debt.some bank used to hired a collection agency to do the collection. is there any chance i will get hold at the airport once i went home in Philippines

18credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:37 pm

Dexythel

Arresto Menor

Good day po!!

Same problem din po, I left uae 2012. Naterminate po aq sa work, kya pinauwi aq ng pinas ng company ko, my naiwan po aq unpaid credit card, dating nsa 44 thousand po, ngaun 500 thousand na daw po sabi ng attorney sa pinas, dhil sa tgal ng ndi nbayaran, nsa europe po aq ngaun, my pumunta daw po attorney sa bahay nmin sa pinas at un nga po cnabi, sabi pa, pg d daw aq nkipag ugnayan pd aq hold at hulihin sa airport at posasan, o kya balikan pamilya ko sa pinas at kunin ari arian, nid ur advise po.tnx po..

19credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Dexythel

Arresto Menor

Wala pla pd mg advise d2. Tnx po sa online service na ito...

20credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:32 am

dirtbiker1530

Arresto Menor

Hi Attorney,i am an american citizen and my wife is filipina and currently a green card holder. She have loaned money that is amounting to more than 100,000 pesos
back in the philippines from at least 2 banking institutions. She was not able to pay the loan because she ended up as a victim of illegal recruitment and human trafficking. The people involved in her recruitment and the person that receives the money that she paid for ended up in jail and sentenced for 4years.

Now,in almost 7years,she finally wants to go home and visit her family but she's worried that she might get arrested and not gonna be able to come back here in the US. I am just an ordinary american guy who lives paycheck to paycheck. My wife and I married out of love and that's why it frustrates me to think that if i let her go home with a possibility of not being able to come back to me. I don't have money to help her pay her loan. What am i going to do? Should i let her leave US? Would she be arrested even if she ended up as a victim of human trafficking? Please help.

Thank you

21credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:09 pm

haruka_2407

Arresto Menor

good day poh may tanong lang ako kasi ginawa akong co-maker ng father ko nung nagloan sya.after nung ilang month hindi sya ngpapadala ng pera kaya hindi na kami nakabayad sa lending corp n pjh akala kasi namin binabayaran nya yun sa bangko nagulat na lang kami nang may overdue na balance na kaylangan ko bayaran. kasi nandun pa rin sya sa saudi ang loan nya ay 50k tapos ang naging balance ay 70k gawa na din daw ng tubo kaya tumawag ako sa kanila sabi ko hindi ko kayang bayaran ung ganon kalaking amount after non nawalan kami ng contact dun s pjh kaya after a year nagpadala sila ng letter na seriously over due na daw tapos naging 168,030,00 ang babayaran namin legal po ba ung ganon kalaki tubo ? makaksuhan po ba ako dahil dun? plss po pahelp namn

22credit - UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Empty Re: UNPAID LOANS AND CREDIT CARD ABROAD Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Kenken2016

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.,

Ask ko lang bakit po may mga iba na nadi deny na visa or yung iba di naiisuhan ng pataka or iqama pag ikaw ay loan or CC defaulter sa ibang GCC.

Totoo po kaya eto or nananakot lang po yung iba na nag post post sa ibang website forum.?

Second: for ever banned ka na po ba sa UAE pag ikaw ay absconder or di na bumalik from your vacation dahil po sa kadahilanang delayed yung salary ng 3 months and wala namang naiwang utang sa UAE? or makakabalik pa rin po after 5 or more yrs syempre bago na yung passport nyon di po ba?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum