Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

transfering land title ownership of inherited assets

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ayathee

Arresto Menor

Hi. Good morning. Before my grandfather died, he gave this piece of land to my father. He did not leave any will but my dad had an affidavit of self adjudication made. Last December, someone contacted us asking if the property is for sale. Since the land title is still under my deceased grandfather's name, the buyer is asking for a lot of documents for the sale to proceed like the death certificate of my grandparents and also those of my fathers' siblings. Because of this, my parents decided that the title be transferred under my father's name. The lot is about 248 square meters. How much money do you think should we prepare for the procedure? My dad has already consulted a lawyer about this but he is asking for a LOT of money so my mom is a bit wary about giving the whole sum to him. I have yet to consult another lawyer and decided to post a question here first. Thank you very much!!

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

(I asume you have a OCT title document in your grandfather's name.)

Closest Register of Deeds office handle such. They can TELL you for FREE what they demand to approve moving the title to your father's name. At least they are suppoused to know Smile They take a fee for moving the title. I don't know how much, but much less than that lawyer Smile

Bring the affidavit documents grandfather > father. Plus I suppouse RD want to see documents concerning the inheritance or document where the sibblings agree the land belong to your father, so no one of the hiers of your grandfather question the land belong to your father. I suppouse that's what the buyer is affraid of.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum