Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need a legal advice = Is my employment bond still valid? =

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bogz03

Arresto Menor

Hello Sir/Maam,

I have a trainee contract that is valid for 2months. After passing the training, the employer gave me a new contract(Probationary contract), however, they did not gave me the salary increase they have promise once I finished the training.

Sad thing is that, the promise increase was just a verbal agreement and was not stated on my previous trainee contract.

Due to this, I decided not to accept the probationary contract but then the employer showed me a statement on my trainee contract that I must bind my self for at least a year upon passing the training. If I will not accept the new contract, I must pay him a certain amount.

With not much of a choice, I accepted the probationary contract valid for 4months starting from the day the training ended.

Upon thoroughly reading the probationary contract, I notice the the Entire Agreement Clause which states:

"This Contract represents the entire agreement between the Employer and the Employee and supersedes all previous oral and written communications, representations or agreements between the parties."

There is no statement on the new contract that I am required to bind myself for a year.

Here are my questions:
1. Is the bind for a least a year on the previous contract still valid?

2. After the end of my probationary contract, can I already refuse to sign a new one.

Please help me on my concerns. I am thankful that I have a job but I am very disappointed that my employer did not gave me what they have promise. If they can break small agreements such as this, I am afraid they can do even more. Thus, I want to end my connections to them and not renew another contract. Thank you very much.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum