Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Articles of Incorporation for a family corporation: "That the purpose of which said corporation"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chrizzian

chrizzian
Arresto Menor

Hi, I just want to ask what to answer under the "That the purpose of which said corporation" if you are forming a family corporation for the purpose of simply transferring your assets to the family corporation so that the siblings can share equal ownership of all the assets?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Is LAND involved?

I don't know if that rule concern only foreigners, but I believe Filipinos have to follow it too:
It's only allowed for companies to own land IF the company NEED it for the BUSINESS.

=NOT allowed IF it's only to put living houses for owners to live in themselves,
but allowed when the company e g:
/WORK with geting rents.
/TRADE properties.
/NEED land to PUT own BUSINESS on (e g manufactory, shop or warehouse building.) I DON'T believe it's enough to put a sarisari in the living house.

--
If this is a problem for you, can't you just keep the assets PRIVATE and let the relatives USE the assets?

IF you start business, there will be several documents, which need to be done OFTEN. It's complicated, BIR seem to want even small businesses to pay autoriced acountants Shocked but I don't know if the parlament agrees. Better try to AVOID starting business, if the purpouse isn't to EARN by the BUSINESS Smile

There are other legal possibilities to transfer assets to relatives e g by gift. It cost some, but much worse if you start a business Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum