Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conjugal Property

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1property - Conjugal Property Empty Conjugal Property Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:01 pm

mjndesign

mjndesign
Arresto Menor

To whom it may concern;

I was married twice, in my First Marriage it was a christian rights and in my second marriage was in islamic rights. The First marriage was divorced thru my Islamic Status. Now my question are;

1. What are the rights of my child on the first marriage in terms of properties and wealth?
2. Can My Child on my first Marriage claim the property of my Second Wife even if that property was named to her and not a conjugal property?
3. Now, that I have a children on my second wife, what rights they will have since I have a child on my first wife? Does they have equal rights?

Hope you can help and give light unto this.

Thank you.

2property - Conjugal Property Empty Re: Conjugal Property Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:27 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

Your first marriage will not be automatically "divorce" just because of your religion. Judicial procedure is still necessary.

1-2. Even your your first marriage got annulled or divorce, your child/ren from your first marriage will have the same rights from your properties and wealth. They cannot claim anything from your 2nd wife.

3, All your legitimate child will share equal rights.

3property - Conjugal Property Empty Re: Conjugal Property Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:48 am

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

exactly. 

divorce cannot dissolved your affiliations to your legitimate kids regardless of religion .. 

moreover the marriage was valid in the first place.. thus kids retain the same legitimate rights ..legitimes, financial support, parental authority, visitation rights etc etc..

4property - Conjugal Property Empty Re: Conjugal Property Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:22 pm

mjndesign

mjndesign
Arresto Menor

Dear All,

Thank you for all your concern; Am just concern on the rights of my children, specially My first child on the first Marriage. My Second Wife has his own property and wealth and I am just thinking that when my first child will have her mind on his own and demands equal rights in terms of this things.

Please Advise.

Thank you again for your opinion..

5property - Conjugal Property Empty Re: Conjugal Property Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:43 pm

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

As long as your first wife and/or daughter can prove that you have contribution on acquiring the property/asset during the time being when you marriage to first wife is not yet divorced, I think she/they would have their/her equal share of the partition or legitime, I supposed.

But properties acquired during/before marriage of your 2nd spouse and properties named only to your 2nd wife is away from their rights since the first marriage was legally divorced, I supposed. You may consult an attorney for better understanding on this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum