Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Private Subdivision and Villages - Construction Bond

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

onisleeve

Arresto Menor

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. Baka sakali lang may naka experience or may nakaka alam. I need advice lang sana.

Our Village Home Owners Association is imposing a "Construction Bond" for any renovations/repair that you would like to undergo in your own home. Palit ng tiles / Paint ng interior and exterior / Repair ng Bubong etc.

Yung mga bahay 3 storeys na Row Type. So the houses share a common wall. The house has been fully paid for bago pa mag move in 10 years ago. So in short, wala nang obligations to the developer.

The Home Owners Association is imposing a 5,000 peso bond with 20% retention pag refund na yung bond. So 4,000 nalang ang babalik.

1. What I would like to understand is if it fair or even legal na mag babayad ako sa Home Owner Assoc. para lang mapagawa ko ang bahay na in the first place eh pag mamayari ko na?

2. Am I within my rights to refuse to pay but continue with my minor repair and renovation projects?

3. What are the implications to the Association if they instruct the village security to deny entry to any contractors/workers that i have hired and/or materials that I require? Are they within their rights to do so?

Sa mga nakaka alam about Real Estate and Home Owners Assoc. law, is this fair or even legal?

Salamat!

centro

Reclusion Perpetua

Interested too on your query. Construction bonds are issued in favor of the developer so that during the renovations, any damage during that period will be automatically deducted against the bond. But why to the association? And still with a retention?

jekz

jekz
Prision Mayor

Re Q1: The HOA can legally imposed its authority to collect monthly dues among its members.

Q2: I'm afraid that the security will not allow your materials to be delivered / enter.

Q3: Yes they have.

Make sure first if your HOA is duly registered with the HLURB; if not then you can do whatever you want up until they secure a license to do business.

http://citylivingph.net/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum