Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1civil - CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Empty CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 am

Kumiiko

Arresto Menor

Me and my boyfriend are planning to get married before I give birth, which would be on August but it seems that I have a lot of troubles with arranging my marriage. I am only 19 years old and my BF is 23 years old. We have no problem with his parental advise but however on my side, I have lost communication with both my parents for quite some time and I have been living without a guardian for quite some time as well. Is there a way around for me to get married (civil) without a parental consent?

2civil - CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Empty Re: CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:08 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

iha, you are both of legal age, you can marry without any of your parents..

3civil - CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Empty Re: CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:27 am

Kumiiko

Arresto Menor

The rule on parental consent is found under Article 14 of the Family Code. It states that in case either or both of the contracting parties are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned.

Someone told me about this kasi.

4civil - CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Empty Re: CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:38 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

copied somewhere esle, since can not add links,,

"Non-compliance with the requirement of parental consent does not make the marriage invalid or void but merely annullable, which means that the marriage is valid until annulled. As a result, a petition for the annulment of the marriage may be filed by the parents, guardian or person having substitute parental authority over the party seeking the annulment, in that order, unless after attaining the age of twenty-one, such party freely cohabited with the other and both lived together as husband and wife. "

thanks to abogadomo.com

5civil - CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Empty Re: CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:43 am

Kumiiko

Arresto Menor

So technically, if I plan to get married in a “kasalang bayan” no one can stop us , (aside from my parents) am i right?

6civil - CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Empty Re: CIVIL MARRIAGE HELP Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:02 am

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua

sa pagkakaintindi ko, di mapipigil ng magulang,,
pwede lang cla mag file ng annulment, until you reach 21.
then after that, wala n clang magagawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum