Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights of Owners of the Land Vs. ICCS/IPS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAND - Rights of Owners of the Land Vs. ICCS/IPS Empty Rights of Owners of the Land Vs. ICCS/IPS Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:55 pm

indiv09

Arresto Menor

Good day,

I would like to ask an advice regarding the scenario that will be provided below, hoping for your answers on this.

Scenario:
May isa pong Agricultural Land owned by a non-ICCS/IP family, this was legally sold by an ICCS/IPs ancestors 20 to 30 years ago to the family with land price applicable that time. Since it was owned by the family, real property tax where paid yearly and other taxes owning the land. Moreover, ang land na yun ay may marami ng tanim such as rubber, corn, bananas & etc. and operated it more than 20 years already.

Problem:
Here come this ICCs/IPs claiming the land that they have right to claim it because its from their ancestors but without any documents showing that they owned the land. ICCs/IPs have threatened the family, they immediately claim the land without legal intervention.

Questions:
1. do ICCs/IPs have the right to claim the land? if yes/no? whats the legal basis?
2. what are the rights of the owner of the land? what will the owner do?
3. any suggestions, reactions, comments, solutions on this matter?

please i need your advice.

Thank you....

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum