Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to transfer part of an inherited land to granddaughter?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

charismagrace

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My grandparents (both deceased) owns a parcel of land and it is currently being settled by 8 siblings (my aunts and uncles). However, one of my aunts would like to give the land to me since she is currently residing in the US. How do we assign my name to the share of my aunt? Is a deed of sale or donation needed?

The inheritance process is still ongoing. The title is not yet divided to the 8 siblings.

Need your advice, thanks.

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

Any mode of acquiring ownership can be done, but commonly, you may recourse through a deed of sale or a deed of donation. Let your aunt execute a judicial or extrajudicial partition with deed of sale or deed of donation in your favor.

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

correct, tsi ming choi.

Ladie

Prision Mayor

Why not just wait till all 8 siblings have their own titles, anyway it is ongoing as you said. Then subsequently when titled in her name, execute a Deed of Donation to you where you will be required to pay a donor's tax to BIR. Also, as tsi ming choi said, your aunt can waive her right conveying it to you in form of a donation in the extrajudicial settlement being processed by the heirs, which requires you to pay the donor's tax (less tax compared to deed of sale

I AM NOT A LAWYER BUT JUST AN ORDINARY PERSON SHARING MY OPINION AND KNOWLEDGE THAT MAYBE OF HELP TO YOU.

charismagrace

Arresto Menor

Thank you all for your advice. This is very helpful to me. Happy New Year!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum