Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNPAID DEBT

+6
kino14
concepab
fiya1227
gipeyan
karl rove
lovely72
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty UNPAID DEBT Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:12 am

lovely72

Arresto Menor

Good evening. I want to seek advice to my problem.
last Feb 2012 i borrowed money from somebody in the amount of Php 30,000 at 5%/month initially payable for 6 months. but due to financial constraints, i wasnt able to settle it all until to date. Upon release of the money, there was no signed agreement/contract except that she let me affix my signature in her notebook opposite the amount of 30k. since feb 2012 to date, i have paid her the total amount of P27,500 (accumulated). Now she is demanding me to pay a remaining balance of P 53,500 which is to be paid until Feb 2015. I cannot afford to settle said amount for the period given. Please advice me what to do... Can i just suggest to her that she file the case in court so that interest will not keep on increasing?

2loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:34 pm

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

lovely72: The signature in the notebook I consider them not a contract of sort. It could be interpretedin so many ways. It would have been different if you executed a promissory note or any memornadum of indebtedness.

For further legal advice, kindly email me at adpr24242000@yahoo.com

thank you.

Atty Karl Rove

3loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:47 pm

gipeyan

Arresto Menor

Good eve po. Sana ay matulungan niyo po ako.

May nangutang po sa amin ng halagang Php19000 last Dec 2013. Hanggang ngayon ay di pa po sila nakakabayad kahit na March 2014 ang napagusapan na due date. Nakaalis na siya papuntang abroad kaya ang nanay na lamang niya ang nakikipagusap sa akin. Umabot na ngayong Dec 2014 pero di pa rin talaga sila nagbabayad. Personal ko silang pinuntahan last month pata makipagsettle pero di pa daw talaga sila makakapagbayad. Kaya dumiretso na kami sa barangay. Nagtakda ang barangay ng araw ng pagbabayad nila pero di pa rin po sila nagbayad. Ano ho ba ang pwedeng gawin? Pwede po ba ako magsampa ng estafa? Salamat po.

4loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty forced to pay a loan Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:05 pm

fiya1227

Arresto Menor

A pleasant day.. your advise is highly appreciated... years ago, I incurred a personal loan fr someone.. there is no written document on such.. I was only able to pay it all up this year by monthly installments. Now d gist: according to my debtor, she made a loan from a lending company 2 years ago and she allegedly used the money when she applied to work abroad.. Unfortunately, she returned to d phils because she had differenced with her foreign employer... because of that d lending company is running after her.. accdng to her, she gives all of my monthly payments to the lending company as her payment to her loan...and now she wants me to pay d additional interest of 24thou which was demanded by d lending company. . I refused to shoulder the interest.. now d lending company sent me a demand letter. . I know my rights and obligations.. d lending company threatens to file a charge if I don't pay up... how could that be when I am not a party to that particular loan?? I didnt personally applied or made myself a guarantor for a loan in their lending company. .. there is no signed contract involvinh me.. can I inquire on what case can I file against that lending company for forcing me to pay up for d interest of someone else's loan??? Thank you in advance... god bless

5loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:23 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

If you didn't signed any contract then or you did not engaged in any loan contract (verbal or written) with them, then nothing to worry. Send them your official reply and that's it.

6loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Chattel Mortgage please help me! Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:01 am

kino14

Arresto Menor

Hi, need some legal advise please.

Meron po akong (2) chattel mortgage documents. Agreement with my tita last April 2007 pa po worth 400,000 and the other one is 700,000 dated August 2007. Nasa akin po yung original and signed copy of the documents. Gusto ko na po sana sya singilin ngayon kasi dati nagbabayad naman po sya for the monthly interest hanggang sa nalugi daw po yung negosyo nya kaya nakiusap po sya sa akin kung pwede na di na muna sya magbayad. Pumayag po ako noon dahil sa kanila naman po ako nakikitira at sya po ang umampon sa amin ng naulila na po ako noong 2006. Student palang po ako noong nagpirmahan kami ng contract pero hindi ko po masyado naintindihan yun. Meron din po ako copy ng mga bank check nya. Ano po ba ang dapat ko gawin para masingil ko na po ang tita ko. Lumayas na din po kasi ako sa bahay nila after ko makatapos ng pag aaral.

Sana po matulungan nyo po ako. Maraming salamat po

7loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:22 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

kino14 wrote:Hi, need some legal advise please.

Meron po akong (2) chattel mortgage documents. Agreement with my tita last April 2007 pa po worth 400,000 and the other one is 700,000 dated August 2007. Nasa akin po yung original and signed copy of the documents. Gusto ko na po sana sya singilin ngayon kasi dati nagbabayad naman po sya for the monthly interest hanggang sa nalugi daw po yung negosyo nya kaya nakiusap po sya sa akin kung pwede na di na muna sya magbayad. Pumayag po ako noon dahil sa kanila naman po ako nakikitira at sya po ang umampon sa amin ng naulila na po ako noong 2006. Student palang po ako noong nagpirmahan kami ng contract pero hindi ko po masyado naintindihan yun. Meron din po ako copy ng mga bank check nya. Ano po ba ang dapat ko gawin para masingil ko na po ang tita ko. Lumayas na din po kasi ako sa bahay nila after ko makatapos ng pag aaral.

Sana po matulungan nyo po ako. Maraming salamat po

Well! kung sila ang umampon sa iyo at naniningil ka sa pautang mo, lalabas na wala kang utang na loob! What is money for all what she did for you? She gave you shelter, provided for you and support your studies. Hindi porke lumayas ka na eh wala ka ng utang na loob sa kanya! You won't be where you are now if not because of her! Think about it!

8loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:24 pm

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

kino14:

Your question is about what legal remedy or remedies could you resort to about the chattel mortgage executed by your aunt which involving staggering sum of money as the principal debt.

Stripped of being emotional or sentimental, a debt under the law could, based upon your choice, be a civil obligation or a natural obligation. Civil, if you could enforce it in accordance with what the law provides and natural, if the obligation ceases to be civilly enforceable (either because of lapse of time, estoppel, laches or based on sentimentalism such as UTANG NA LOOB).

your choice: EITHER FORECLOSE THE MORTGAGE, MENAING GO AFTER THE SECURITY FOR THE LOAN (if the thing is still available) or go after the principal debt, interest, penalty etc.. by a simple collection of a sum of money.

Now, if you want to play sentimental, just think whether the utang na loob would feed you everyday and fill your empty stomach or just think that the amount of money you loaned to your aunt already served her interest and welfare for the past years..

BE PRACTICAL!

thanks

Atty karl Rove

9loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:00 pm

kino14

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the feedback.

The story behind kaya din po ako lumayas sa kanila dahil nahirapan po ako makisama sa pamilya nya parang hindi po ako relatives kung tratuhin. Kung maka utos lang po sila sakin eh parang alila nila ako. Every morning ginigising po ako para maglinis ng buong bahay at maghain ng breakfast sa kanila, bago pa po ako bigyan ng baon papasok sa school na 100 pesos lang. Kulang na kulang sa pamasahe palang papasok ko sa college. Negosyante po ang tita ko, marami syang business almost 50 units ang jeepney na nya ngayon. Meron din po syang mga pwesto sa palengke at pay parking area pati mga paupahan. May capacity to pay naman po sya kung tutuusin kaya gusto ko lang masingil sya ngayon. In good terms na naman po kami wala naman po ako sama ng loob sa mga ng yari na noon.

Atty karl Rove:

I want to go after the security for the loan and interest sana, alam ko na kaya naman po nya magbayad. Hindi ko lang po alam kung pano ko sya sisingilin kung pano po ako makikipagusap sa kanya. Ano po ba pwede ko gawin na first move. Meron po ba legal letter for collection na pwede ko padala sa office nya.

Thanks!

10loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:31 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Sabi mo nung una nalugi negosyo nya, tapos ngayon marami pa syang ibang negosyo! kung gipit sya dapat wag mo ng gipitin pa! Pero kung kaya naman nyang magbayad, eh siguro talipandas na lang talaga ang tita mo so dapat singilin mo na sya! Siguraduhin mo lang na hindi ka tatagain sa lawyers fee ng makukuha mong abogado dahil baka sa abogado lang mapunta ang masisingil mo! Shop around for charges para makatipid ka!

11loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:05 pm

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

The story behind kaya din po ako lumayas sa kanila dahil nahirapan po ako makisama sa pamilya nya parang hindi po ako relatives kung tratuhin. Kung maka utos lang po sila sakin eh parang alila nila ako. Every morning ginigising po ako para maglinis ng buong bahay at maghain ng breakfast sa kanila, bago pa po ako bigyan ng baon papasok sa school na 100 pesos lang. Kulang na kulang sa pamasahe palang papasok ko sa college. Negosyante po ang tita ko, marami syang business almost 50 units ang jeepney na nya ngayon. Meron din po syang mga pwesto sa palengke at pay parking area pati mga paupahan. May capacity to pay naman po sya kung tutuusin kaya gusto ko lang masingil sya ngayon. In good terms na naman po kami wala naman po ako sama ng loob sa mga ng yari na noon.

Atty karl Rove:

I want to go after the security for the loan and interest sana, alam ko na kaya naman po nya magbayad. Hindi ko lang po alam kung pano ko sya sisingilin kung pano po ako makikipagusap sa kanya. Ano po ba pwede ko gawin na first move. Meron po ba legal letter for collection na pwede ko padala sa office nya.

Thanks!

I replied in your email kino...

12loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:15 pm

karl rove

karl rove
Reclusion Perpetua

kino:

WAS THE CHATTEL MORTGAGE REGISTERED, AT THE TIME OF ITS EXECUTION, WITH THE LTFRB?

13loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

"Can i just suggest to her that she file the case in court so that interest will not keep on increasing?"
I don't know, but I suppouse interest will be counted DURING the court handling too, which can take YEARS...

Do the OTHER have proof of you have made some pay?
If so, I believe you will LOSE in court, your signatire plus that will make the court find it proof enough to believe the OTHER.

BUT
"5 %/month"
I believe that's more than the law allow. If so the OTHER can get TROUBLE in court Smile

14loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:44 pm

samuelmiranda19

Arresto Menor

Good evening!

For further clarification only!

Is it allowed to lend a money with 10% interest monthly?If yes, kindly explain it it detailed?
Thank you!

15loan - UNPAID DEBT Empty Re: UNPAID DEBT Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 pm

archjess

Arresto Menor

Hi good morning,

I just want to ask for some legal advice regarding my case. Last 2012 I applied for a globe bundled service (internet+phone) and used it for at least a year and terminated it on November 2014, during those period I only received billings to my internet. I'm a good payer until last year after I cut my transaction with globe, another billing with another account number bearing my name surfaced and it states that I owe Globe an amount of P11,000 which I didn't used or even know. The billing started to surface only on January of 2014 until May 2014 because it was cut due to large unpaid bills. To my surprise they are charging me the account. Their reason that I applied for a "bundle" plan, that mean that the internet and phone billing are separately done. But considering the year I applied for the plan and the "ghost billing", it has a 1 year gap on it. I applied for the plan on 2012 and I got the first billing for the "ghost" one just January last year? Is that even possible? Adding to that is the billing statement which shows that the calls were made from different parts of luzon which I didn't even visited. And those dubious calls were made after I cut my account. I already sent a dispute letter to Globe, with a proof of receipt but I doubt that it reached the higher-ups since this week another law firm contacted me to pay those unwanted bills. I'm planning to bring this up to the NTC, but first I just want to ask for some legal ways to remedy this issue because as of the moment, Globe already closed their doors for an other ways to solve this problem than for me to pay those bills which I don't intend to do. Thank you very much

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum